Chapter 9: Scripted Promises

I was facing the mirror, studying myself from head to toe. I wore a white, elegant wedding gown with its crystals sparkling the way stars sparkle in the night sky and the long skirt that flowed down the ground as if the clouds descended into the ground. I stared at my face – my brown eyes, my pointed nose, my pinkish lips – and was satisfied with the simplicity of the makeup they put on me. Seeing myself in makeup was unusual because I wasn't much a fan of makeup.

"You look so perfect," Ate Peachy told me. She stood behind me so I turned around and smiled at her. I didn't say anything as I didn't believe in her words.

"Look at the camera, Fara," Jassy, the camerawoman, instructed while focusing a DSLR on me. She was assigned by the team of organizers to take pictures and videos of me before and during the wedding.

"Let's go!"

A white private car with a bouquet of flowers at its hood was waiting for us when we stepped outside. Ate Peachy opened the door for me and helped me get inside the car. She followed after and sat in the passenger seat while the photographer sat with me at the backseat.

"I'm sleepy," pag-amin ko sa kanila. Kanina pa naman kasi talaga ako inaantok.

I heard them giggle. "Hindi ka nakatulog, 'no? Malapit na tayo. Mamaya mo na itulog 'yan," Ate Peachy said.

The bridal car entered the huge entrance gate of the beach resort. After a moment, I saw the beautiful set up of the venue. The motif was white and silver, very plain yet beautiful. Marami nang tao at halatang ako na lang ang hinihintay nila. They all looked at our direction.

I saw Kuya Tyler coming towards our direction. Ate Peachy turned around and leaned towards me, covering my face with the veil. Kuya Tyler opened the door of the car on my side and helped me out. The attendants handed me a bouquet of flowers before fixing the long skirt of my wedding gown. I faced them all, breaking out in a cold sweat. Everyone was looking at me as I walked down the aisle; they were all smiling at me, which calmed me down. A smile formed on my lips when my flower girls started throwing the petals of flowers from their baskets, walking ahead of me.

The musicians began to play with the violin leading in the intro. It sounded like Canon, a very known piece.

Dad approached me with happiness in his eyes. I didn't know if it was just my illusion. I just held his arm before we walked together. There I saw Storm, patiently waiting for us as he stood near the altar.

"She's gorgeous," dinig kong bulungan ng mga tao. I wasn't sure if I was happy about their praises.

Nagmano si Storm kay Dad and then Dad gave my hand to Storm. "Take care of my daughter," Dad told him.

"Yes, sir," Storm replied.

Dad patted Storm's shoulder before leaving us and positioned at one side. Storm looked at me and managed to smile. Tipid lang din na ngiti ang ibinigay ko sa kanya. We walked towards the altar where the pastor was waiting for us.

The pastor - the same pastor who preached when Storm brought me to their church - started the ceremony.

Ang init ng kamay ni Storm. Parang mapapaso ako. Nilalagnat ba siya? I thought. I forced myself to focus my attention on the pastor who was now saying something.

"Mga minamahal na kapatid at mga kaibigan, tayo ay nagtitipon ngayon sa harapan ng ating Diyos at kapulungang ito upang saksihan at ipagdiwang ang pag-iisang dibdib ni Storm Dylan at Fara..."

The pastor continued to say something before the main part finally started.

"Ikaw, Storm Dylan Hunt, tinatanggap mo ba ang babaing ito upang maging asawa, mamuhay na magkasama ayon sa itinatakda ng banal na matrimonio? Siya ba ay iyong iibigin, aaliwin, igagalang, at iingatan, sa sakit at sa kalusugan at tanging sa kanya lamang pipisan habang kayong dalawa ay nabubuhay?"