Chapter 4: Wonderful People

We woke up early in the morning for our devotion. Nakapabilog kami sa isang mahabang lamesa. Mula rito sa cottage ay kitang-kita namin ang dagat. Although the view was beautiful, I couldn't still imagine myself swimming there.

"Jesus, we love You
We worship and adore You
Glorify Your name in all the earth
Glorify Your name
Glorify Your name
Glorify Your name in all the earth . . ."

Ate Christy was leading the praise and worship and Daniel was playing the acoustic guitar. Everybody was singing with their closed eyes and lifted hands on high. I loved this kind of morning. I could feel the presence of God.

Pastor Alvin shared a short message about the word of God. After that, the celebration of his birthday began. We surprised him with a birthday cake. The cottage was filled with laughters and joy. Pastor Alvin deserved that, for he was a loving pastor to us.

We all decided to enjoy the place, so I changed my clothes. Because revealing clothes weren't allowed, I just wore a rash guard long sleeve with above-the-knee cycling. We, the girls, all decided to wear like this, so all of us wore rash guards.

"Are you going to swim?" Storm asked me with a mischievous smile on his lips. He wore a fitted gray v-neck shirt and black quick dry beach shorts with pockets.

"Of course not," I replied.

We were now heading the seashore where the other youths were waiting for us. I saw the boys were already enjoying the water and making fun of each other. And the group of the girls were far away from them. Napansin ko na kapag ganitong nagkakasama-sama ang lahat, palaging nakahiwalay ang lalaki sa babae. Siguro dahil iba ang trip ng mga lalaki sa babae.

He let out a chuckle. "Then why are you wearing that?" He looked at my outfit.

I pouted my lips. "I don't wanna be out-of-place."

"Kuya Storm! Tara! Picture tayong dalawa!" Daniel shouted. I realized that they were taking pictures.

Storm laughed and said, "Hindi ako artista."

"Oks lang yan! Mukha ka namang artista!"

"Ayaw mo ba kay Bry? May six pack abs 'yan!" ani Kuya Joss, dahilan para maibaling ang tingin nila kay Kuya Bry. But Kuya Bry wore a white plain shirt, so we couldn't see the six pack abs that Kuya Joss was talking about.

"Sorry, guys. Conservative ako," Kuya Bry replied. That made them burst into laughter.

"Sinong niloko mo, bro?" natatawang sabi ni Kuya Joss at mahinang sinuntok siya sa braso. Kuya Bry just let out a delicious chuckle. I knew what was Kuya Joss' point. Kuya Bry was a womanizer before. He just became a Christian.

"'Di pwedeng magtopless dito si Bry
Dudumugin ng mga chicks 'yan. Bahala kayo 'pag nagbackslide 'yan," biro ni Storm. Nagtawanan naman sila.

"Bawal magbackslide. Malapit nang dumating ang Lord," Kuya Bry replied.

"Yeah," Storm said while pulling back his laugh.

Their topic would be strange for normal people, but thank God, I understood what they were talking about. This was why Christians were the most wonderful people I knew. They know mysteries that the world doesn't know.

"Fara!"

I turned my head to someone who called my name. It was ate Christy who also wore rash guard. "Tara! Sama ka sa amin. Hayaan mo ang mga boys diyan," she told me with a charming smile on her lips. Lumapit siya sa akin at inakay ako palayo kina Storm.