Chapter 7: His Number Two

WARNING: Romantic and sweet scenes. Paki-skip na lang kung menor de-edad ka haha!

Storm was holding my hand while we were walking on the white sands and my hair was dancing together with the fresh air. I felt peace as I saw the terrifying but beautiful view of the sea in the morning and when I turned my gaze on my wonderful husband who was also watching the sea. We decided to wander around the place, and now we were on the sea shore. It felt like I came back to the day of our first honeymoon. Same place but different view of us. We looked like lovers now unlike before.

"Do you see now how wonderful the sea is?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

He looked at me, so I stared at him. May kahabaan na rin ang buhok niya kaya humahampas iyon sa hangin.

"You're more wonderful than that," aniya nang may kaunting ngiti sa labi niya.

Napangiti ako ngunit napairap din. I felt the butterflies in my stomach, as usual.

"If you think I'm just trying to flatter you, you're wrong. That's the truth," he said as he brought back his attention to the sea.

I tittered and said, "How can you compare me to that terrifying view?"

"Because you and that sea are both created by God. And as what I've said, you're more wonderful than the sea, because what God created in a special way is the human," he said while glancing at me.

I smiled. "So, that means, you're also more wonderful than the sea."

He let out a chuckle and said, "Yeah. Don't you wonder how can I say that human is the most especial among the creations?"

"Because God made human in His own image?" I guessed.

"Sort of," he said cautiously.

"Then what more?" I squinted my eyes a little bit.

"Everything was created by His words, except when he created the human beings. When He created the light, he said 'let there be light!' And even the following creations. But when He created the human, He didn't say 'let there be humans!' Instead, he said 'And now we will make human beings . . .' And by His hands He formed the human, which is Adam, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul," he explained. "That was so wonderful," he said with amazement in his voice.

"That means God made us with full of efforts. Imagine, He sculpted and shaped us. That wasn't easy. I realized that God is a great artist."

"He is, indeed," he said, "That's why sometimes, whenever someone offends and annoys me, which pushes me hate that person, a voice in my mind reminds me like 'Hey, God loves that person you hate' and then I'll calm down and repent," he said and then let out a chuckle.

I chuckled with him. "Do you hate somebody now?" I asked.

"Yes," he said, which surprised me.

"Who?" I asked with curiosity.

"Myself," mahinang sabi niya.

I pouted my lips as I thought for a while. "You just said your principle a while ago and now your saying that?" I said like I was rebuking him.

He didn't respond.

"God loves that person you hate. And that's you, because you are a person, so you can't hate yourself," I told him while pointing a finger at him, which made him smile.

"Should I repent now?" he joked.

"Yes, you should," I said with my index finger prodded him on his arm.