Chapter 14: New Start

S T O R M

"This is a school," Tyler commented as he looked at the school grounds with furrowing brows.

I parked my car in front of the school. I already informed Peachy to wait for us at the gate and they were indeed standing afar, waiting at the gate.

I got out of my car and Tyler followed.

"Storm, tell me what―"

"Daddy!"

Tyler stopped and turned to Mark who was running towards us, his arms already going for a hug. I knelt on my knee on the ground and opened my arms for him.

"How's my baby?" I asked as I hugged him tightly.

He grinned and said, "I'm so excited to introduce you to my classmates!"

I gave him a little smile.

"Storm..."

I lifted my gaze at Peachy. She was already standing in front of us, worry etched on her face, especially when she looked at Tyler.

I held Mark's shoulders so he could focus on me. "Daddy wants to tell you something," I started. I paused as I looked at his face intently, then I spoke, "You know that I'm not your real Daddy, right? I am your uncle."

He slowly nodded as he stared at me intently.

"Do you want to see your real Daddy?" I asked again.

He nodded once again. I heaved a sigh before I turned my gaze behind me to where Tyler was. His eyes went wide in shock and disbelief.

"Do you see that man?" I pointed a finger at Tyler.

"Yeah!" bibong tugon ni Mark.

"He has the same eyes as yours, right?"

"Yeah!"

"Mark," I gently said, " he is your real daddy."

We all fell silent. I saw the confusion on Mark's face as he stared at Tyler.

"S-Storm, what the hell is this?" Tyler said, still surprised.

Tumayo ako para lapitan siya. I patted his shoulder and said, "Mark is your son, Tyler. Peachy will explain everything to you later. Right now, you have to be with him on their family day."

His eyes widened in shock. He still couldn't believe it.

"Mommy, is he really my Daddy?"

Muli akong napalingon ako muli kay Mark nang magtanong ito kay Peachy na tahimik lamang na lumuluha. Tumango lamang si Peachy sa bata.

"Really?" Nanlalaki ang mga mata ni Mark nang ibaling nito ang tingin kay Tyler.

Lumapit si Tyler sa bata at lumuhod para magkapantay sila ng mukha. He caressed Mark's face as if he was analysing it. "Do you still remember me?" he asked the kid.

Mark shook his head. I knew he was still confused by what was happening.

"I am Mr. Snowman at the airport."

Mark looked at the sky like he was remembering the event. Nanlaki ang mata nito at tumingin muli kay Tyler. "The guy with the bonnet," he said smiling from ear to ear.

Tyler nodded his head and hugged the child. "I can't believe that this smart kid is my son."

I just smiled. I was so happy for Mark. This was what he deserved. He would never long for a father anymore whenever I was not around.