Chapter 23: Winter Camp

All I could hear inside the van was the singing of the passengers―the music team. I was seated beside the window, my favorite seat. I could see from here the good view of the place. Today was the day of what they called Winter Camp.

"You, You are God, You are Lord
You are all I'm living for
You are King of everything
I want my life to praise You..."

They were all singing the song, except Storm and me. We were just smiling at them.

"Fara."

I looked at who called me. It was Michelle in the front seat, holding and raising her phone that was set to the camera.

"Tingin lahat sa camera!" Kuya Joss told us.

I smiled as she clicked the camera.

"Wacky!"

I made a silly face. We laughed as we made faces at the camera.

I never felt this way before. I was so happy and felt no different with them. They accepted me as a new member of their family.

Now I understand why Storm couldn't leave this religion or his spiritual family even if his grandfather would hate him forever. He just couldn't leave this family who brought him to his God.

The sky was already dark when we arrived at the venue. We transferred our things inside the tent as soon as we dropped everything off from the car. My body was already shaking from the cold. The grass was wet and the air was moist and foggy. Thankfully, there were dim lights attached to the trees surrounding us, so it wasn't that dark at all.

"Boys are separated to girls," one of the organizers of the camp announced.

Christy's partner was Glen while Michelle's partner was Karen. I was left alone. I had no partner.

"Fara!" Napalingon ako sa babaeng kumakaway sa akin mula sa malayo.

My eyes widened when she came near me. I looked at her from head to toe in an inconspicuous way. She wore a blue jacket, black jeans, and a pair of white sneakers. Well, everyone was wearing a jacket. But, I knew this girl!

"Molly!" I exclaimed.

She happily came closer to me with parted lips in disbelief. "Oh my gosh! What are you doing here? Hindi ko lubos akalain na makikita kita rito," hindi makapaniwalang sabi niya.

"I'm with my husband," I replied with a smile on my lips.

"Husband? You're married na?" she said with eyes widened. "W-wait, Christian ka na ba?"

"Uh, o-only my husband."

"Oh." She repeatedly nodded her head. "May ka-partner ka na?" she asked.

"Wala pa," I replied.

"Nice! Tayo na lang ang mag-partner!" she happily said.

We decided to find a tent for us. Some of the tents were already occupied, kaya napunta kami sa may bandang dulo at malayo kina Storm. Hindi ko mabilang kung ilan ang mga tent na naroon dahil halos mapuno niyon ang lugar.

"Ano nga palang pangalan ng husband mo? Baka kasi kilala ko. You're so blessed to have a Christian husband," Molly told me.

"His name is Storm, Storm Dylan Hunt," I said.

"Ano?!" gulat na sabi niya. "Storm Dylan? Ikaw ang asawa ni Kuya Storm?!"

"Yeah, why?" I asked. My brows furrowed in wonder. Ang OA kasi ng reaksyon niya.