Chapter 33: A United Family

MM: Pasensya na kung may typos or errors. Wala kasi ang watchers. Gabi na kasi. Tulog na sila haha!

F A R A

After the funeral, Lolo Max's family together with their family lawyer were gathered at the long table in the dining room of the mansion.

"The mansion is bequeathed to his grandson Storm Dylan Hunt," the laywer announced.

Everybody turned their heads to Storm with shocked faces. Storm looked surprised as well - and so am I. It was really confusing to know that Lolo Max gave his mansion to his grandson. Hindi ba dapat sa mga anak ni Lolo Max niya iyon ipamana?

"May iniwan na letter para sa iyo si Mr. Max Ramirez," said the lawyer. He got the letter in a small white envelope from the brown envelope he was holding and slid in on the table, asking to pass it on to Storm.

When Storm finally had the letter in his hands, he didn't open it. "I'll just read it later," he said. The attorney just nodded his head.

"Nasa letter po ba ang reason kung bakit kay Storm ipinamana ang mansion ni Papa?" Tita Rosanna asked.

"Wala po akong ideya kung ano ang nasa sulat pero mahigpit na binilin niya sa akin na ang apo niya na si Storm ang dapat kong pagbigyan ng sulat na iyon."

Napatingin lang silang lahat kay Storm at tumitig sa kanya nang makahulugan.

"Sana all," ani Sean, dahilan para matawa ang ilan.

Napangiti naman si Storm. "Although this mansion is given to me, you guys are still free to come here. Hindi ko ito ituturing na akin. This mansion is still for us, Lolo Max's whole family," he told them.

Isa-isa naman silang napangiti at tumango-tango.

The land of Hacienda Ramirez was divided and those parts were distributed to Lolo Max's children. But, since they were united, just like Storm's decision, they all decided to make the hacienda open for the family Ramirez. Everyone was always welcome.

This was the good thing about Storm's family on his mother's side. They were united...

Kaya naman pinagkakaisahan din ako ng mga pinsan ni Storm. Hanggang ngayon, parang hangin pa rin ako sa harapan nila.

***

"Do we really need to join them?" I asked Storm while we were packing our things. Nag-aya kasi ang mga pinsan niya na mag-overnight ulit sa falls.

"You can stay here if you want. Baka hindi ka rin kasi makatulog doon. Ibibilin na lang kita kay Tita Marie," he said.

I made a sad face. "Mas lalo akong 'di makakatulog kapag hindi kita katabi. Besides, it's creepy to sleep here alone," sabi ko at nilibot ang tingin sa kwarto niya na puro yari sa kahoy ang nakikita ko - like a room in a horror movie.

"So, you want to come with me?"

I nodded my head.

"Okay."

After we had packed our stuffs, we went outside, there we saw his cousins getting ready to go. Storm brought our baggage to the compartment of the van and then we got inside.

I was just silent during our trip until we reached our destination.

They immediately built the tents because it was drizzling. We needed to shelter. We, the girls, stayed in the van while waiting for the boys to finish building the tents. The girls weren't just Mandy, Wren and Juddith, kasama din ang iba pang babaeng pinsan ni Storm. Like the three siblings, they weren't talking to me. Maybe they also liked Demi for Storm.