Chapter 34: Salvation Will Come

S T O R M

Dear Storm,

I give my mansion to you because I know you will take care of it. I just have a one condition: build your family in that house. I want my grandchildren enjoy the place where I grew up. I'd love to see my house filled with love and joy from the Lord because you and Fara are going to create a Christian family. That's the only treasure of mine that I can give to you and your family, which will be a remembrance of me. I'll be forever grateful knowing that my house will be yours when I die. I have a lot of memories there since when I was young until I got married and have had kids and grandchildren. Now, I'm leaving it to you. Continue making memories in that house. I love you so much, Storm. Lolo will be with the Lord because of you. Thank you so much for sharing the truth to me. I'll leave this world with peace and joy in my heart.

Lolo Max

My hold on the paper slightly tightened after I had read Lolo Max's letter. I was sad but there was a warm feeling in my chest. I appreciated his love and care for me. He never did that to any of my cousins but to me alone.

"What did Lolo Max say?" Fara asked so my eyes turned on her who was sitting opposite me on the bed.

"He wants us to live in his mansion," I replied. I passed on that letter to her.

"Really?" she said and read the letter. "So... are we going to live there?"

"I still have work here in the city. That's my problem. Besides, the church is here. I don't know how can I explain it to Pastor Alvin. Maybe we need to tell this to Dad first." I got off the bed. Nilahad ko ang kamay ko sa kanya para kuhanin ang letter; inabot niya naman iyon. I brought it back in the envelope. "Let's go," I told her.

"Now na?"

"Yes."

"Give me a few minutes."

I heaved a sigh. "Fine."

When Fara was finally done, we left the house and went to my parents' house. We brought Eli with us and so that Dad could see him. A maid opened the gate and invited us to come in. We found Dad in the living room, sitting on the sofa while reading news papers, but he dropped it on his side when he saw us.

"Pa," I greeted him and showed respect by getting his hand and putting my forehead on its back. Fara did the same. "Mano ka kay Lolo Travis," I told Eli although he didn't know how. He just innocently stared at Dad. Dad let out a chuckle and just pinched his cheeks.

"Napabisita kayo?" he asked us.

Fara and I occupied the single sofas.

"I just need to talk to you. It's about Lolo Max's letter for me." I showed him that envelope in my hand. "He stated here that he wants me to live in the hacienda. How can I do that if I'm still working here in the city?"

"May I see?" aniya at nilahad ang kamay niya. Inabot ko naman ang envelope sa kanya. He opened it and read the letter. I waited for him to finish it. "Hmm... I wanna ask you." He looked at me. "Do you really want to resign?" he asked.

I blinked. "Yeah... You know that, Pa. I've been waiting for the day that someone will replace me as a CEO because I want to give my full time to my ministry," I said sincerely.

He took a deep breath and brought back the letter in the envelope. "Fine." He glanced at Fara and then stared at me. "I feel good now, so I think I can go back to work now. But, I have a one condition."

Tila nabuhayan naman ako dahil sa sinabi nito. "What is it, pa?"

"Kung mamatay man ako at hindi pa tapos ng pag-aaral si Eli, babalik ka sa position sa kumpanya. But if God would give me a long life and let me breath until Eli graduates from college, I want Eli to be the heir of my company."