Epilogue (Book 2)

F A R A

"Thank you so much for giving birth to Jireh Eli," Storm told me while my eyes were still closed because of tiredness of giving birth to our child. I felt his warm hand held mine and his lips give my forehead a gentle kiss. I weakly smiled and opened my eyes. There I saw Storm's handsome face. I could see tears in his eyes.

We both agreed that he was the one who would give our children names because I was not good at it.

"I want to call him E-li," I said. Eli is pronounced i-lai, but I preferred e-li. It is way cuter for me.

"Okay then. Eli will be his nickname." He smiled.

The door creaked open.

"Here he is!"

Buhat-buhat ni Peachy si Eli. Sa likuran niya ay naroon sina Dad, Lolo Max, Tito Travis, Mark, Ate Peachy, at si Kuya Tyler na buhat-buhat ang new baby nila.

Ate Peachy laid down my baby on my side. My heart was touched the moment I saw his face. It took away the weariness from my body.

"Storm, he's so beautiful!" I complimented with amazement.

"He is."

"He looks exactly like Storm," Tito Travis happily said.

"Yes!" Peachy said and giggled.

"But I want him to grow up like me. I'll teach him how to handle a gun," Dad said.

My eyes widened, and I turned my head to him. "Dad!" I objected. I didn't want Eli to get involved in any of Dad's mafia activity.

They laughed at my reaction.

"Just for his self-defense skills."

Oh, pwede naman siguro kung gano'n.

"What's his name?" Kuya Tyler asked.

"Jireh Eli," nakangiting sabi ko. "But his nickname is E-li."

"Cool."

"Bakit nakasimangot ang isa diyan?" ani Storm at nginuso si Mark. Mark's arms were crossed, frowning. "Hey, what's up with that face?" natatawang tanong ni Storm dito.

Ate Peachy let out a chuckle. "He said he's no longer your baby now because you already have a new baby."

I let out a chuckle.

"Who told you, huh?" Storm said and then stood up, approaching Mark and giving him a hug. "You're still my baby." He kissed Mark's cheek. Mark just pouted his lips. It made his cheeks become more pudgy.

"And look, who's crying?" Tito Travis said and turned his gaze on Lolo Max.

Lahat kami ay napabaling ng tingin kay Lolo Max. He was indeed crying. Kahit na mahina na ito, nagawa pa rin nitong makapunta rito sa hospital para makita ang baby namin ni Storm.

"I just can't believe that I'm still alive on the day of the birth of my grandchild with Storm," he said while wiping his tears away. He was staring at the baby sleeping beside me.

"I told you, Lo," nakangiting sabi ni Storm. He helped Lolo Max come near us.

I turned my eyes on my baby. He was sleeping peacefully. Tito Travis was right. He looked exactly like Storm. He looked handsome like his daddy.

I gave him a gentle kiss on the left cheek. Hindi mapawi ang ngiti sa labi ko habang pinagmamasadan ang mukha niya. "I love you," I whispered.

***

When we got home, Storm took good care of me. I couldn't help but admire his consistency in loving me ever since he started to be committed to me as a husband. I felt so blessed. And I believed it was God's grace since I didn't remember doing anything to make me believe I deserved it. I hoped this would not end...

I just kept watching him staring at Eli who was sleeping in the crib. His chin was on the back of his hands, holding the edge of the crib. I could see in his eyes how happy he was. And there was a warm feeling in my chest at the thought that I had finally given him the child he had been dreaming of.

"What's on your mind?" I asked him.

He glanced at me and smiled. "I'm thinking about the goodness of God in my life..." Lumamlam ang mga mata niya. "I thought my marriage life would always be miserable because I married an unbeliever... and someone... I didn't love."

I didn't reply. But he suddenly looked at me with a light smile. "But the Lord is good. He gave me mercy." He held my hand. "He reminded me of His love when I couldn't love you the way I should love you as my wife. If it's not because of Him, I wouldn't be here with you. I would be an adulterer 'cause I would be following my heart instead of His will."

My lips parted a bit. I knew it. Babalikan niya si Demi... If hindi lang siya Kristiyano na takot magkasala sa Diyos.

"But the Holy Spirit did not leave me, so He led me to the will of God... And that is to be faithful to you and love you as Christ loves the church. And this is my covenant with you and God, Fara."

I swallowed before replying, "Thank you..."

I managed to smile though there was an unpleasant feeling built up in my heart... Fear. To ask me where it came from, the only thing I knew was that loving a believer like him is the safest place I've ever known. I just didn't know how long would he follow God. I just hoped he wouldn't get tired; if not... I wished he would still love me.

May the Lord sustain him.

THE END