Prologue (Book 1)

"Oh yeah! My Pokemon is evolving!" I heard my brother Tyler exclaimed as he raised his gameboy high in the air.

Dad was the one driving the car and Mom was beside him. Tyler was so excited with his achievement that he completely ignored me, who was sitting beside him in the backseat, the whole trip.

"But I want to have a legendary Pokemon," Tyler added, putting down the toy on his lap.

I heaved a sigh and turned my eyes on the window. We were on our way home. I saw Christmas lights and some figures of Santa Claus in front of every house and building that we passed by. A billboard beside the building captured my eyes, though. My neck craned back as my eyes scanned what was written there before our car fully passed by it.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

"Jesus..." I mumbled. Palagi kong nakikita ang pangalan na 'yon kung saan-saan, even in social media, but I didn't know what was the deal with that person.

Who's Jesus? I thought.

***

I went upstairs where my room was, listening to the creak of the door as I shut it close. I pushed aside the curtains of my window, and the light that came from the streets poured into my dark room. I sat on the chair in front of my computer and turned it on, immediately pulling out the browser once it went alive. I clicked on Google and typed in the search bar: "Who is Jesus?" 

Napaisip ako kaya dinugtungan ko ng "definition" for a sure result.

After a few seconds, the result appeared on the screen:

Jesus definition. A prophet of the first century of our era; to Christians, Jesus Christ, the son of God, a person who was both God and man, the Messiah sent by God to save the human race from the sin it inherited through the Fall of Man...

"A prophet?" I muttered.

I searched the word "prophet" on the another tab and I found out that it is a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God. I also read the other definitions. It was saying that prophet means "messenger of God".

"So, Jesus is a messenger of God?"

I went back to the definition of Jesus and read it again out loud. "The son of God. A person who was both human and God..."

Jesus is God, I thought.

"The Messiah sent by God to save the human race from the sin it inherited through the Fall of Man..."

This one was vague. I couldn't understand it. Ang sabi sa isang sentence, He is God, and then He was sent by God, too? Does it mean God has a father? I thought.

Napa-facepalm na lamang ako. Mas lalo yata akong na-confuse dito. Then an idea came into my mind. Ah! Maybe I should ask Dad about this?

I jumped off the chair and nearly tripped because of so much excitement. I balanced myself first before running out of the room and went to the master's bedroom where my parents slept.

I was about to enter the bedroom when I heard them talking inside. I stopped and leaned against the wall, listening in carefully. It seemed that they were arguing about something.

"You killed your business partner?" the voice of my Mom hissed.

"I have to do that, or else I am the one who's having a burial now." That was Dad's voice.