Chapter 16: To be Closer to Him

We went out of the mansion today. Storm was giving me a tour in the entire hacienda. He said there was a nice view in the place and that he would take me there.

"Magandang hapon po, Senyorito," the workers greeted Storm, and he greeted them back.

"Ang ganda po pala ng asawa ni'yo. Akala ko po si Ma'am De--" Hindi natuloy ng lalaki ang sasabihin dahil siniko siya ng kaniyang katabi.

I pretended not to hear them and sat on a wooden chair at the edge of the tree. I wiped a handkerchief on my sweaty face caused by the warm climate of the place.

"Ang init," I complained.

Nagtatanim ng mga palay ang mga trabahador habang tirik na tirik ang araw. I was impressed by their patience on planting.

I could hear the laughter of both the workers and Storm from here. I just watched them from afar as they caught up with each other. Storm was very friendly, so I was no longer wondering kung paano ko siya nakasundo. He was a very flexible man.

Matapos ang ilang sandali, inaya ko si Storm na maglakad na lang kami dahil gusto kong maranasan ang maglakad sa mapunong lugar. So, we were now going to the falls that Storm mentioned to me a while ago. He said it was a famous tourist spot. Even though I mentioned to him that I didn't like that kind of place, I had no choice but to follow him.

What the heck was happening to me? I'd been a great brat before.

"Fara," I heard Storm call me while we were walking. He was on my left side.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Ano'ng course mo?" he asked.

"Business Management," I answered.

"I guess you don't like your course," he said.

I glanced at him and said, "Definitely."

"Then, why did you take that course?" he questioned. Parang pinapagalitan niya ako sa tono ng boses niya.

Nobody knows how evil my dad is, I thought. I wanted to tell him that but I just chose to keep it to myself.

"My dad wanted me to take a business course. It was an order so I couldn't object. What I really like was Architecture," I just replied.

My eyes were on the road, which seemed like someone dumped white rocks on a muddy ground, making my shoes mucky with white dust. The sky became a little bit cloudy, so it was no longer that hot, and I was sure it would rain any time.

"You can take that course if you want," he said.

My brows raised as I slowly turned my gaze on him and stopped walking. "Seriously?" I cocked a brow to show my disbelief.

"Okay lang naman sa akin na kunin mo ang kursong gusto mong kunin. You can take Architecture if you want," he told me and smiled at me.

I heaved a sigh and shook my head. Then, I said, "H'wag na." I smiled bitterly and continued walking. His eyes followed me with a confused stare as I walked past him.

"'H'wag na'?" he repeated.

"I've lost my inspiration for taking that course." I was not sure if he noticed the sadness in my voice but still, I tried to be indifferent.

"Inspiration . . . I wonder who that inspiration of yours is."

"Secret." I made a face at him, which made him laugh.

I didn't want to tell him that my skills were nonsense. I wasn't good enough, so I was no longer expecting for success in that area.

"Well, matututunan mo rin mahalin 'yan," aniya. "I didn't like business before. What I really like is a medical course, and I wanted to be a doctor. But because I'm the one who inherited our company, I was forced to take a business course. But what some people say is true: You can learn to love something when it already came into your life."