Chapter 32: Finally Over

I woke up in the morning to the sound of a voice singing and a guitar being played somewhere. When I glanced at the open window, the sky was still dark. I saw Storm sitting on a chair, facing the window while he was playing with his guitar. I watched him as I listened to his soothing voice.

I felt my eyes becoming warm as I remembered what happened last night. The heavy feeling in my chest was still there. I couldn't blame Storm because it was really hard to forget his three-year relationship with Demi. Not only that. They also grew up together.

I took a deep breath, but it was a wrong move because Storm turned to me. He smiled slightly
when he saw that I was awake. "Merry Christmas," he greeted me.

I looked away and didn't reply.

Narinig ko ang unti-unting paghina ng tunog ng gitara. Nang sumulyap ako sa kaniya, nakatitig pa rin siya sa akin ngunit wala na ang mga ngiti niya sa labi kanina. He stood up, leaning the guitar against the wall.

"Let's have breakfast," he told me.

I got off the bed and went to the bathroom. I couldn't help but think while I was brushing my teeth. Hindi p'wedeng ganito kami.

Do something about this, Fara, I heard a little voice in my mind.

Napapikit ako nang mariin dahil sa nabubuong plano sa isip ko. Hindi ko alam kung tama ba ang nasa isipan ko pero ito lamang ang natatanging paraan na sa tingin ko ay magiging mabuti para sa aming dalawa.

Pagkatapos kong mag-ayos, wala na si Storm sa k'warto. I went to the kitchen. Tita Marie was there, so I asked her, "Si Storm po?"

"Nasa garden, hija. Nagpatulong ang lolo niya roon na magdilig."

I went to the garden, and Tita Marie was right - I saw Storm gazing at the flowers alone.

"Storm," I called him.

He turned his head to me. "You shouldn't be here. Allergic ka sa bulaklak, 'di ba?" he said and let out a chuckle.

Well, yeah.

"I wonder why other girls love these ugly flowers," I said.

"They are beautiful," he disagreed.

I just rolled my eyes as I stood beside him. I was silent for a moment before I spoke up. "May I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"How do you lessen your anger to someone?" I asked.

"Just think about the good things that this person has done for you. Let the good memories be greater than the bad memories," he replied.

"Really?"

"Just like this what-you-call ugly flowers - although in fact, they are beautiful. You said you hated them because they left bad memories to you. They left bad memories to you because you focused on its bad side. But think about how many farmers felt great after seeing these plants bloom because of the patience they invested in taking care of them. What do you think will they feel when they find someone who does not like what they love and care about?"

I looked at him with amusement. He was really full of wisdom.

"The solution to remove your anger is to forgive. Don't lessen your anger, remove it," he added.

I took a deep breath and asked, "What if I can't forgive this person?"

"Matthew 6:14 says, 'If you forgive others the wrongs they have done to you, your Father in heaven will also forgive you.' If we will compare these flowers to humans, then the farmer I'm talking about is God."