Chapter 31: Good and Faithful

Today was Eli's birthday. We decided to celebrate it at the backyard of our house. I could see different shades of blue balloons, and there was a long table at the side that catered buffet. We made sure that the guests will enjoy the food we prepared so we ordered different kinds of food for all ages. There were many serving tables at the side, showcasing the varieties of pasta and sweets, colorful cupcakes, a chocolate fountain with prepared marshmallows and crunchy thin breadsticks.

A small stage was located at the front, facing the smaller tables where the guests will sit. We bought cute designs and peppered it with sky blue lights surrounding the letters and number that consisted of "Jireh Eli's 1st Birthday". Then, we put the blue cake that had the picture of Eli at the center of the stage. The tables for the guests were covered with sky blue and white cloths with a centerpiece of stick balloons in a vase, and a prepared give away for them.

Simple, yet fun. Yeah, Storm and I really planned to make this celebration very simple but we made sure our love for Eli will be seen.

The party will start at three o'clock in the afternoon and it will end in the evening. Thank God, the weather was fine. The month of August is usually a rainy season, so it was surprising that there was no rain today.

The guests occupied the chairs as they arrived at the place. Some of them were my classmates, Storm's close friends and relatives, and especially our churchmates.

The celebration started with praise and worship. Ate Christy led it with Daniel as the guitarist; and then, Pastor Alvin preached the Word of God to us just a little while; afterwards, he finally acknowledged Eli together with me and Storm. Storm was the one who was carrying him.

"Napaka poging bata neto oh," Pastor Alvin happily said while looking at Eli. "Manang-mana sa daddy," he added. Storm just chuckled.

Eli looked so cute in his blue longsleeves, looking like a baby pastor. They made fun of him, calling him "little pastor".

"As parents, aminin man natin o hindi, ang first baby talaga ang pinaka memorable sa buhay ng isang mag-asawa..." Pastor Alvin speeched. "Kaya, itong si Baby Eli, malaking-malaki talaga ang kagalakan na dinala niya sa buhay nina Evangelist Storm at ng kanyang maybahay. Since Eli is an only child, si Eli ang apple of the eyes sa kanilang tahanan..."

"No longer an only child. Nasundan na, Pastor," nakangiting sabi ni Storm. "Fara is pregnant with our second baby," he announced.

Some guests rejoiced, especially Storm's family and our churchmates. They were so happy about my pregnancy.

Pastor Alvin started a witty conversation with us on the stage and the guests just kept laughing at us.

We were now facing Eli's cake and singing a happy birthday song for him.

"Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday, Dear Eli
Happy birthday to you!"

Everybody was smiling from ear to ear while singing the song faster and faster. Some were laughing at Eli's reaction because he looked confused why we were singing and clapping our hands.

"Blow the candle," Pastor Alvin told us.

Eli didn't know yet how to blow so Storm did it for him.

"Yey!"

Pastor Alvin started to pray for Eli. He spoke blessings, a good health and a bright future upon his life. We also thanked God for His faithfulness in our family. I couldn't stop smiling while we were praying. I was just so happy.

Afterwards, the guests started to get a food.

I just sat down at the table with Ate Christy and some youths. Sumabay ako sa kanila sa pagkain, pero vegetable salad lang ang kinuha ko.