Epilogue (Book 1)

I was just lying on the bed while staring at the sock I had placed on the window of my room. I could hear the tick-tocks of the clock beside the lampshade.

I frowned and whispered, "C'mon, Santa. It's already midnight. Why are you not coming yet?"

I felt my eyelids become heavy. I was already sleepy, so I decided to turn off the lampshade. The room went dark.

My sight was already getting blurred when someone entered my room. I could still recognize what the stranger did before I finally closed my eyes and fell asleep...

The stranger walked towards the window.

***

"Fara, saan kayo pupunta?" I heard Kirby's voice from the window.

I quickly opened the window, and he jumped into my room. I was packing my things, so his eyes turned to where my clothes were.

"Bakit ka nage-empake?" he asked with his face scrunched in confusion.

"We're going to visit Mom's country."

"Really? Pauwi rin kami sa Pilipinas," he said with a bright smile on his face.

My eyes widened in excitement. "That's great!" I said.

"Can I have your address there?"

"Sure!" I quickly grabbed the ballpen and notebook on my study table, but I suddenly stopped when I realized something... "I don't know our address," nakasimangot na sabi ko.

"Ask Tito Francis."

"That's right!"

Patakbo akong lumabas ng k'warto at pinuntahan si Dad sa sala. He was comfortably sitting on the single sofa like a king while reading a newspaper.

"Dad!" I called him. Inilipat din naman niya ang tingin sa akin. "What's our address in the Philippines? Kirby will also go there," I happily said.

He turned his gaze on the notebook I was holding with a straight face. "Give me that," he beckoned. He held out his hand to me. No doubt I handed it to him.

He wrote something there and then brought it back to me afterward. I looked at what he wrote in my notebook. A smile formed on my lips when I saw the address written on it.

"Thanks, Dad!"

I ran back to my room, and I saw Kirby sitting on the bed.

"Here!" I cut the paper in my notebook in half and gave him the piece of it where the address was written.

"It's just near our home," he said as he read it. He folded the paper and put it in the pocket of his pants before standing up. "I have to go now. Just wait for me there."

"Okay!"

Lumapit siya sa nakabukas na bintana at lumusot muli roon. "See you there, bye!" he said before going down.

"Bye!"

***

It was afternoon when we arrived at Mom's hometown.

I longed for Grandma. Dati kasi pinagluluto niya ako ng pancit kapag umuuwi kami ng Pilipinas, pero hindi na ngayon dahil nasa heaven na siya.

"Fara, don't go outside," Dad told me before entering his car.

I just nodded my head. I watched his car exiting the gate. Then, the guards closed the gate and locked it.

"Kuya, can we play hide and seek for a moment?" I told Tyler who was busy playing Pokemon on his game boy.