Chapter 11 - Throwback

"Anong oras ang uwi mo?" Fara asked me before I was about to get in the car.

"I don't know. But don't worry. I won't go home late," I replied and then hopped in my car.

"Okay. Take care. See you later!" she said and hopped in the car that Tyler had given us when we got married.

This was the last day of their final examination and this was the day of our batch's reunion.

Magkaiba ang destinasyon naming dalawa kaya magkaiba rin kami ng sasakyan. Naunang sumulong ang sasakyan niya, at pagkalabas namin ng subdivision, kumanan siya, habang ako naman ay kumaliwa.

I checked the time on my wrist watch, and it was already nine in the morning.

After a moment, I arrived at the place. A guard welcomed me as I entered the resort's gate. I parked my car in the parking lot and then headed the function hall of the resort. When I entered the hall, I saw round tables there that were dressed up with navy blue fabrics, and every table had four chairs. There I saw my classmates who looked different and mature now.

"Storm!" Joe approached me, one of the smart students in our section. He was close to me that time. We always updated each other about our activities and assignments. "Kumusta na, pre?" he happily greeted me.

"I'm good. How about you? You look better," I complimented.

"I know. I know," he joked. I just laughed.

"Hey Storm!" Another one approached me.

"Hey Marvin," I greeted back.

"Nandito na pala ang artista namin eh," biro niya sa akin at saka ako inakbayan.

I let out a chuckle. "Hindi na ngayon."

"Pero artistahin pa rin sa kag'wapuhan," aniya. I just laughed. "You're an evangelist now, right?"

I nodded. "Yes, I am."

"I've watched your teachings on the internet. I just encountered God last year."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Wow! Praise God! I'm so glad to hear that, bro," I said and patted his shoulder. I was so happy to know that one of my past classmates was converted to Christianity.

We had a little conversation, until the others also started to talk to me.

When the event was finally about to start, I looked for a table and a vacant chair to occupy, and I found one at the back. I was about sit when a woman put a bag on the chair beside the chair I was about to sit on. I lifted up my eyes at her, and I was surprised when I saw who it was. How did I forget that she was my classmate in high school?

She was also surprised when she saw me, but she later smiled and greeted me, "Hey, Storm."

"Demi," I greeted back.

It's been a long time when we last talked to each other, because she cut her communication with me and stopped her investments in our company. Honestly, she looked better now. She was in a beautiful black dress, while her blonde hair was poker-straight and pulled back into a low pony-tail.

We both sat down.

"How are you?" I formally talked to her.

She slightly smiled. "I'm good. Ikaw?"

"By the grace of God, I'm doing good."

"Where's Fara?" she asked.

"She's still a student, and it's their final examination―"