Chapter 3: Encountered A Believer

Three more days to go before my debut. Dad wanted me to have a big party. Actually, I didn't like parties, but I had no choice. Dad would do anything he wanted even if it was against my will. And I'm sure that all who will attend my party would be his business partners, making my birthday party turn into a freaking business party. I really hated that idea. That would be awkward for me.

I was just in my room all day, doing random things. Now, the guitar - which Sam gave me when I turned 16 - was on my lap. I had just finished practicing it when my phone rang beside me. I picked it up and checked who was calling.

Kirbs Dude calling...

"Hey," I answered.

"How are you, dude? Come on, labas tayo."

"I'm not allowed to go out. Grounded ako kay Dad. Binilin niya ako sa mga bodyguards sa bahay."

He laughed and said, "Ako ang bahala."

Though I couldn't see him, I knew he was smirking. Siguradong may kalokohan na naman siyang naiisip.

"Okay. How?" I cocked a brow.

"Open the window of your room," he commanded.

I obeyed him and headed to my window before pushing it open. I was no longer surprised when Kirby suddenly emerged like a mushroom and hopped into my room.

"We have our ways, remember?" he said with a playful smile on his lips.

Yeah, right.

Kirby and I were neighbors in Las Vegas, and we met when we transferred to the neighborhood in Nevada. When he wanted to visit me, he would enter the window of my room like a thief in the middle of the night.

I first met him while I was playing outside our house in Nevada.

I was holding a stick and moving it fast from the left and to the right like a sword, beating the planted flowers in front of our house. The petals scattered on the ground.

I hate flowers! They reminded me when Grandma died.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I heard someone speak on my side. I turned my head to the direction of the voice and saw a boy wearing a red cap and looked a little bit older than me. He didn't look like an American, unlike the people I usually saw here.

"Who are you?" I asked him, cocking an eyebrow.

"I'm Kirby Perez. I live there." He pointed the house just opposite our house. He approached me and took the stick from me, dividing it into two and then he gave the half to me and held the other half in his hand. "Why are you hitting them?" he asked.

"I don't like them. I feel sad every time I see them."

"Oh, I see," he said while nodding his head. He beat the flower in front of him. The yellow petals flew to the air. I didn't know how they call that flower but it had a lot of petals. "Come on, let's destroy them!" he persuaded.

Nagsimula na rin akong tulungan siya sa paghampas sa mga 'yon. Halos sira-sira na ang bulaklak at nagkalat ang mga 'yon sa paligid namin.

"Fara!" I heard Dad's voice somewhere. Kirby and I stopped whipping at the flowers and turned to the direction where the voice came from. I saw Dad who had just got out from his car and was coming at us in fast strides.

"Stay away from here!" I pushed Kirby away. "Run!"

He panicked. Binitiwan niya ang stick na hawak niya at mabilis na tumakbo saka nagtago sa likod ng isang puno.