Chapter 25: Found in Him

It was already dawn when we came back to our own tents. Storm and I were left inside the tent because Molly was with her churchmates outside.

"Do you feel okay now?" Storm asked me when I finally laid down.

I shook my head. I still felt a little bit dizzy.

He heaved a sigh and said, "Get some rest." Kinumutan niya ako habang ako nama'y napatitig lamang sa kaniya.

"Do you think... He will forgive me?" mahinang tanong ko sa kaniya.

His gaze fell on me. I knew he wasn't expecting my question, but he later smiled and said, "Yes, of course."

"B-but I rejected Him many times." My tears were forming, making my eyes misty.

"Do you still remember the movie we watched before? Naalala mo ba noong tatlong beses na itinanggi ni Peter si Jesus? What happened? Did God hate him?"

I shook my head.

"What did Peter do after he had made a mistake? He repented. So, just repent and God will forgive you. God is so good, Fara," he said and then sat beside me. "We fear God because He is the Almighty God who can do all things and even the one who holds our lives, but don't forget that God is the God of love. That's why He bore all the pain and persecution when they crucified Him on the cross. He bore all the pain... for you."

I just stared at him as I let everything he told me sink in. My brows started to knit together as I let myself burst into a sob. I started to nod.

***

The camp was over and we were traveling back home in the same van. Everybody was tired, and I wasn't still feeling well. When Storm noticed that I was trying to get comfortable to sleep, he pulled me to him and laid my head on his chest. My lips curled into a small smile as I felt his hand gently touching my hair...

I slept peacefully in his arms.

Hindi ko alam kung ilang oras ang biyahe namin pero magtatanghali na nang makarating kami sa bahay.

"Fara, punasan lang kita para mabawasan ang init mo," Manang Linda told me while putting the small basin down on the bed. She sat down on the edge of the bed and started to wipe my arms gently with a wet towel. "Kamusta ang pakiramdam mo?" she asked.

"O-okay naman po," I replied.

She just smiled and continued wiping the towel on my skin.

Napatingin kami sa pintuan nang bumukas iyon at iniluwa si Storm. Lumapit siya sa akin at hinaplos ang noo ko. "Hindi na masyadong mainit," aniya.

"Sige, maiwan ko na muna kayo. Maghahanda lang ako ng makakain ni'yo. Para makainom din ng gamot si Fara," Manang Linda told us and then left the room.

Storm sat down on the bed. When he gently touched my head, I felt a tingling feeling. I didn't know why I was touched by that simple action, probably because no one else made me feel special like what he did to me. Sam, my ex-boyfriend, was a sweet person but Storm's care was completely different - I couldn't explain it.

"'Yon lang ba ang unang pagkakataon na ginawa mo 'yon?" he asked. I knew that he was referring to the camp.

I nodded and wore a sincere smile. "That was my first time. It's fun pala."

He smiled back at me and said, "Winter camp pa lang 'yon. Meron pang summer camp."

My eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah."

That's gonna be exciting! I thought.

"Storm... Uh... Thank you," I told him. Hininaan ko ang boses dahil nahihiya ako.