Chapter 16: Time Together

It was sun rise when my eyes began to see the new morning again. My brows furrowed when I didn't see Storm beside me. I turned my head to the crib near the bed. I squinted my eyes because Eli wasn't there. Where are they? I thought.

I pulled myself out of bed. After I had washed and fixed myself, I went straight to the living room. I saw Lolo Max there seated on the couch while drinking a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Lolo Max," I politely greeted him.

"Good morning, hija," he greeted back.

"Gusto po ba ninyo ng kape, ma'am?" tanong sa akin ng isang katulong.

"Hindi na po. Salamat na lang," tugon ko.

"Naroon po si Senyorito sa garden kasama ang baby ni'yo," she said as if she knew that I was looking for them.

"Salamat po," tugon ko. Nilingon ko si Lolo Max para magpaalam. "Lo, pupuntahan ko lang po saglit si Storm." Tumango naman ito.

I headed the way to the garden, the back part of the mansion. There I saw Storm standing infront of the planted flowers while carrying Eli who was sleeping in his arm. As I walked closer to him, I heard him singing in a low volume.

"As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after Thee
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee . . ."

Before I was about to get his attention, I stopped for a while and watched him singing while gently rocking Eli in his arms. Some butterflies in the air were joining them. That made me smile. They looked so precious in that view. It was a peaceful view and sound that I wanted to see and hear every morning.

"You're my friend
And You are my brother
Even though You are a King
I love You more than any other
So much more than anything

I want You more than gold or silver
Only You can satisfy
You alone are the real joy giver
And the apple of my eye

You alone are my strength, my shield
To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee . . ."

After he had finished singing the song, I stood next to him. Napalingon naman siya sa akin.

"Good morning," he greeted me with a smile on his lips.

"Good morning," I greeted back and smiled too. "Nandito lang pala kayo ni Eli."

"I was woken up by his cries. I decided to take him here so that we couldn't disturb your sleep."

"I see."

"He looks beautiful," he said while staring at Eli.

"Yeah. He's a beautiful boy," I softly said and locked my eyes on Eli too. "He looks like you, actually."

He softly chuckled. "Yeah."

I just smiled and glanced at him. "I wonder what he will become someday."

"He'll become a great drummer," he joked.

I chuckled. "Well, not bad."

"That was my dream when I was young."

"I see. You reached it."

"Yeah, and I want Eli to be a musician like me for God's glory. I promise that he'll become a servant of God. We dedicated Eli to God, right?"

Napangiti ako. "Yes."

"I can't wait to make you a disciple . . ." He softly said to Eli. I could see love and joy in his eyes while he was staring at Eli.