Chapter 17: Jealous of Her

STORM

The next day, Fara and I decided to go back to the mansion. It was noon time. We were surprised when we found my cousins having lunch together in the kitchen. Woah! Why were they here?

"Storm!" they greeted me.

"Fara, join us here. Let's eat," pag-aya ni Alexander kay Fara.

Fara just nodded her head and shyly smiled. She was still ashamed of them because she wasn't still close to them. Bihira lang kasi kami magkasama-sama. They were all busy with their career.

"Baby Eliiii!" naku-cute-an na sabi ng ilan kay Eli.

Lumapit si Tita Josie at kinuha si Eli kay Fara. Doon ko hinila si Fara para kumain. Pinaghila ko siya ng upuan.

"Where's Breyden?" I asked when I noticed that our rock star wasn't present, but his twin, Breydon, was here. Breyden was part of a famous international band. If I hadn't encountered God, I would have been part of their band now because I wanted to be their drummer before.

I sat on the chair beside Fara.

"They have a concert. Darating na lang daw siya sa mismong araw ng reunion," Sean replied.

"Lo, are you okay?" Mandy worriedly asked Lolo Max. He was coughing up phlem. Pinainom ito ni Tita Marie ng tubig.

"He must drink lukewarm water," Kuya Breydon suggested. He was a doctor. He was also the oldest among us.

I saw worry in everybody's face as they watched Lolo Max coughing. I felt sad knowing that Lolo Max was now near to death. I accept the fact that everyone will leave because we're just all strangers in this world. But Lolo Max's loving memories with us would dwell in our hearts forever. I knew I would miss him so much. Right now, while he was still with us, all we had to do is to make him feel our love for him as his grandchildren.

After we had eaten our lunch, we gathered in Lolo Max's room and had a storytelling with him. We were trying to entertain him, and I could see joy in his eyes while he was listening to our random stories. Inabot din ng gabi ang kuwentuhan namin. Nakaupo kami sa isang mahaba na sofa na naroon habang ang iba ay nasa tabi ni Lolo Max na kasaluluyang nakahiga sa kama.

"Let's have a camping beside the falls again," Sean suggested.

"I love that!"

"Yeah! That's a good idea."

"The last time we did that was when Storm's best friends were here. I missed Kirby and Ate Demi," Wren said.

"Kirby already passed away," Kuya Breydon said.

"Yeah. Sad . . ." she sadly said. "By the way, where's Ate Demi now, Kuya Storm?" Wren suddenly asked me.

"She's out of the country," I answered. Napasulyap ako kay Fara na mataman lang na nakikinig sa pinag-uusapan namin.

"Saang country―"

Everybody paused when someone knocked the door. Sean stood up to open it. A maid emerged there and said, "Handa na po ang hapunan."

"Alright. Thanks!" Sean replied. He closed the door and turned his head to us. "Let's go, guys! Handa na raw ang dinner."

Nagsitayuan naman sila at lumabas ng kwarto ni Lolo Max. Ngunit bago pa man kami makalabas ni Fara, narinig namin si Lolo Max na nagsalita, "Storm, I'll tell you something."

Napatigil kami at nilingon siya. Nanatili lamang si Fara sa kinatatayuan niya habang ako naman ay lumapit kay Lolo Max.

"What is it, Lo?" I asked.