Chapter 2: Put into Chaos

F A R A

I felt something was wrong when Storm's phone beeped during his preaching. I knew it was his secretary. Afterwards, his preaching ended, but it was a bit bitin. It was clear, but it ended rather quickly.

"I have to go," he whispered to me during tithes and offering.

I just let out a sigh and nodded my head. "Just take care," I said.

He gave me a quick kiss on my cheek before he went to Pastor Alvin and said goodbye. Eli was with Ate Christy, so he approached them. He kissed Eli before he left.

I knew what Storm's problem was and how difficult his situation was in his ministry. He couldn't expand because his time was limited, and we couldn't do something about that.

If I could just help him out...

Kuya Bry and Ate Christy drove me and Eli home. I invited them to come inside the house, but they refused, so I just thanked them before they left. I was surprised when we found an unfamiliar woman in the house. There I saw Manang Linda seated on the couch, coughing.

"Ma'am Fara," the woman approached me. "Balak ko po sanang iuwi si Nanay. May sakit po kasi siya." I realized that she was Manang Linda's daughter.

"Gano'n ba? Sige," pagpayag ko.

I worriedly looked at Manang Linda. She didn't look fine. Her daughter helped her to stand up and walk.

Manang Linda looked at me and said, "Pasensya ka na, anak. Pakisabi na lang kay Storm."

"It's ok, Nang. Magpagaling po kayo."

"Babye, Storm Liit," aniya kay Eli na buhat-buhat ko. Napangiti lang ako, dahil ganoon palagi ang tawag niya kay Eli.

They left the house afterwards.

Paano na kaya ako nito? I thought. Hindi naman kasi ako masyadong marunong sa gawaing bahay at mas lalong hindi ako marunong magluto.

I just heaved a sigh and went upstairs. I turned on the TV and sat on the bed.

I breastfeed Eli and waited for him to fall asleep. I took my phone from my pocket and called Storm. It took a few minutes before he answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello. Am I disturbing you?"

"Of course not. You know that you have never been a nuisance to me."

I smiled and bit my lip when I felt the butterflies in my stomach. What's new? Storm was always like this, but it always felt like the first time.

"Do you have something to say? How are you and Eli?" he asked.

"We're home now. He's sleeping in my arms. How will I bring him back to Tita Marie?"

"I'll call them to pick him up tomorrow."

"Okay. By the way, I'll be alone in the house. Manang Linda went home to her family because she's not feeling well."

"Is it okay to you?"

I let out a chuckle. "I don't know how to do household chores."

I heard him laugh. "Then practice now."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll try."

"All right. We have to go now. I'll just call you later."

"Take care."