Chapter 25: Awaited Special Day

F A R A

I was just watching Storm playing with Eli, and Eli loved his company so much. His cute giggles were filling our bedroom. But despite the joyful sound that they created, my heart was still full of sadness.

"Fara." Nagulat ako nang bigla akong tawagin ni Storm. Tila napansin naman niya na lutang ako kaya binitawan niya si Eli sa crib at saka lumapit sa akin. "You okay?" he asked and then cupped my face. Napatingala ako sa kanya dahil nakatayo siya habang ako naman ay nakaupo sa kama.

"Y-yeah, why?" I asked.

"You're spacing out," he replied with worry in his voice.

"Am I?"

"Yes. Do you wanna say something to me?"

"Nothing. I'm fine... I'm just thinking about random things."

"Fara, don't hesitate to open up anything to me. I'm always here to listen," he said sincerely.

I wanted to roll my eyes because I had a thought like "How about you? Why don't you open up your secret meet up with Demi in San Francisco?" But I was afraid to know his response, so I'd rather not to open it up. Besides, I was still hoping that Demi wasn't his agenda there. I hoped my suspicion was wrong.

"Thanks, but I'm really okay."

He heaved a sigh, nodded his head and took his hands off me; and then, he sat beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry for being not around very often," he whispered sweetly and gave me a delicate kiss on my cheek.

"I understand..." I almost whispered. I didn't want him to think that I had a problem with him, so I just leaned my head on his chest and let him cuddle me.

"I love you..." he said softly.

I should've felt gladness as what I used to feel whenever he said those words to me, but what I felt was opposite... I felt pain.

I wish that was true... I thought.

S T O R M

"What's your order, ma'am and sir?" the American crew asked us.

"What do you want?" I asked Demi who was standing next to me. I handed her the menu.

I just arrived here in San Francisco yesterday. It was Shekinah's check-up today and tomorrow would be her birthday. She was in the hospital with Tita Lizah at this moment. It was already lunch time so Demi and I decided to buy food.

"Ikaw na lang ang bahala," she replied and gave the menu back to me.

"Sure?"

She nodded and smiled at me.

"Three orders of this and this," I pointed my orders on the menu. "Two are for dine in and one is for take home." Demi and I would talk here about Shekinah's special day tomorrow so we would eat here.

"That's all, sir?" the crew assured.

"Yeah."

We waited for a while after I had paid our orders. A man suddenly approached the counter and talked to me. I guessed he was the manager. He was also an American. "Good day, sir. We're so sorry to inform you that we've run out of ingredients of the dish you ordered, grilled chicken. Would you like to order a different dish instead?" he said politely.