Chapter 15: No Queen of Heaven

Warning: Religious argument

Storm packed his things again for his departure. Napansin ko na napadalas ang business trip nila. Matapos ang isang linggo, umalis na naman siya. I really felt sad, though I understood that he needed to leave for his work. However, he had promised me that he would come home after three days and we would go straight to Hacienda Ramirez. I felt excited, though, because I was excited to see Eli.

During the three days that Storm was not home, apart from cleaning the house, I only watched cooking tutorials online. I thought I really had to learn all of these in order to be a good wife, because cooking is a housewife's duty.

Now, I was going to apply everything I learned from those videos. I had to prepare something because I was also concluding that Storm would go home today. He promised me na three days lang siya.

I went to the mall and bought ingredients for the dishes that I planned to cook. It was around three in the afternoon when I started to prepare and chop the vegetables. Thankfully, we had a complete cooking utensils here in the house, so I could cook anything I wanted. I chose to cook BBQ Chicken Pizza Dippers.

I prepared pizza dough and then baked it for ten minutes. While waiting for it, I prepared the bowl of chicken and then mixed it with BBQ sauce. I heard the "ding" sound, so I took the pizza dough out of the oven. Pinahiran ko iyon ng BBQ sauce dahil 'yon ang sinasabi sa video; and then I put cheddar on it, then the chicken with bbq sauce, then red onion and mozzarella, and lastly, the parsley; and then I baked it for ten minutes again.

As I opened the oven, the warm vapor from the oven touched my face. I sniffed its pizza-like aroma and appetizing smell. OMG! It smelled and looked delicious. I was excited to taste it!

Nilapag ko iyon sa lamesa at saka kinuha ang cellphone ko para kuhanan iyon ng litrato. Mukhang masarap―pero sana nga masarap, I thought.

Kasalukuyan kong ina-appreciate ang mga kuha kong pictures nang marinig ko ang busina ng sasakyan sa labas ng bahay. I stopped and released my phone on the table. "It's Storm," I muttered. I didn't need to open the gate because it was automatic.

Saglit kong nilinis ang mga kalat ko bago tinungo ang maindoor. Pagkabukas ko ng pintuan, bumungad kaagad sa akin si Storm. Napangiti siya nang makita niya ako.

I quickly greeted him with a hug; he hugged me back and kissed me on the head. "How's your three days here?" he asked.

"I've missed you," I replied.

"I've missed you too," he said.

Kumalas ako sa kanya at saka nag-angat ng tingin. Dinala naman niya ang mga kamay niya sa pisngi ko at sinalubong ang mga tingin ko. "I cooked something," sabi ko.

Bahagyang naningkit naman ang mga mata niya at saka umangat ang sulok ng labi niya. "Really?" aniya nang tila natatawa. Feeling ko iniisip niya na hindi na naman iyon masarap tulad ng mga niluto ko noon.

I pouted my lips a bit and said, "Yeah. You know, I'm practicing."

"Then let's eat it," aniya at saka ako hinila papuntang kusina.

There we found the BBQ Chicken Pizza Dippers that I made. Storm pulled a chair and sat on it. He smelled the pizza. "Smells delicious," he complimented.

I took a knife and a fork to slice the pizza, and also two plates for both of us. Storm took the knife and fork from me; he was the one who sliced it. He placed a one piece of slice on my plate and also one on his plate.

"Pasensya na kaagad kung 'di masarap," sabi ko. Inunahan ko na. Nakakahiya rin kasi talaga sa kanya. Kahit anong niluluto ko kinakain niya kahit hindi masarap. Sino ba namang gustong kumain ng pagkain na hindi masarap?