sixty

T R O Y E

The next morning, I woke up extremely tired. I still had my arms wrapped around Con, my head resting on his chest and my legs entangled with his. I knew pretty sure I'd gone to sleep in the exact same position, but had no recollection of falling asleep nor lying down in bed and absolutely not of taking my jeans off- the last thought made me blush ever so slightly, despite still being in the dazed mindset from just having woken up.

I shifted my head a bit, opening my eyes but immediately closing them afterwards, the light coming into the room almost blinding me. I let out a groan, and buried my head into his chest some more, wanting to go back to sleep instead of getting up. At this, I could hear the warm sound of him laughing to himself, and not much later I felt a small squeeze in my side, followed with a small kiss atop of my hair.

"Morning, grumpy," the boy chuckled. In response, I rolled off of his torso, onto my back and crushing his arm. Oops? It earned me a small "ow" from him, but it was followed with a small laugh. I wondered where he got the energy from, as I felt like going back to sleep any moment.

"Am not grumpy," I yawned, "just tired." I stretched my arms out, letting out another yawn, and rubbed my both my eyes, trying to wake myself up a bit more.

"Hmm, sure. You wake up a bit more, I'm gonna take a shower." With that, my source of warmth left the cozy bed, and I hugged a pillow against my chest while watching him walk around the room. I was still blinking sluggishly and my movements were slow, but I resisted the urge to close my eyes and go back to sleep. I did rest my head on one the pillow though, not saying anything as Connor seemed to be looking for something. Eventually he just sighed and went to the bathroom.

I could hear the shower running not much later, and I rolled over to check my phone. Seeing the time, 10.42, made me jump ever so slightly, and I was more awake immediately. It was late already.

It wasn't much later that Connor got out of the bedroom again, and all I did was just lie there and watch him dig through his suitcase looking for a shirt. Although, if I could decide, I would be perfectly okay with him walking around like this all day, with no shirt on. Once again, it struck me how fit he was, and it was hard to tear my eyes away from him. Was it weird to say that his back, his shoulder, seemed so gracious but so strong at the same time? How one could have such a perfect bone and muscle structure, I had no idea.

The next thirty minutes were spent chatting, and still not getting out of bed- for my part. Connor left then, already off to Tyler's room. Laptop in his hand. He was going to contact his parents and help Emma with making sure everything was going alright back in Minnesota, with graduation. Thankfully, the principal had helped me out a bit on this one, despite all the arguments against it he had used and how he would prefer me not to disturb graduation like this. But in the end, he had smiled and given in with a sigh, making sure there was a huge screen in front of everyone. I hadn't told him what I was going to do, just if he could please make sure there was a screen up in front. Just to be sure.

My music teacher had been really enthusiastic when I told her the idea, and I had even received a message of her a couple minutes back wishing me luck. Now, as I stepped under the hot shower, it started to dawn on me that in a couple hours, I would be announcing my EP to the world. On the vidcon main stage. And that the secret I'd been keeping for about a year, would be out in the open. That maybe, this whole dream of making it in the music industry wasn't as silly as it seemed before.

After getting dressed with help of Tyler, we walked to his and Korey's room together. I gave Emma and Korey a hug, before plopping down next to Connor. He looked up from his laptop screen in an instant, flashing me a big smile. "You ready?"