thirteen

T R O Y E

It was Friday evening now, and I couldn't be more relieved when I got into the car with Steele. I had survived another week at this hell called high school, and even though the meeting I was going to have was way more terrifying than anything else today, I was relieved. We would come to a solution. I was sure of it. And I would see Emma again. I hadn't seen here in three weeks, and though that might not sounds as a lot to many people, it was for me. Emma and I used to meet up at least once a week, and she'd become a great friend of mine.

"EMMAA!" I yelled and ran up to her, hugging her in the process. Even though I wasn't really strong or had muscles to begin with, I picked her up and spend her around. I had really missed her. Steele was driving away already, waving at me. He'd pick me up when we're done, and because I had no idea when that was going to be, he was going into town and basically sit and wait for me to call.

We walked into the tall building together, while catching up a little bit. The main focus of the meeting was something we avoided, but my mind kept drifting towards it no matter what. It wasn't like not talking about it for two minutes really delayed thinking about it.

-

"So, maybe it's best if we just ignore it on twitter. Troye, do you have any idea who even could've tweeted the lyrics to start with? I think the original tweet's deleted, I can't find it anywhere." Emma asked me. We'd been sitting here for about half an hour, and I was feeling a bit better already. Having decided on what to partially do with it made me feel a bit more at ease. It made me think that, of course, everything would be alright again.

"Eh, I don't know. But last week, I was carrying the song book with me, as I always do, and this guy called Caspar Lee grabbed it out of my hands and read those lines that were tweeted. And some more. But I don't know if it was him. It could've been anything in that class, really. I don't think they know like, not to sound arrogant or anything, but I don't think they even know who I am? Does that sound arrogant?"

I looked down at my lap, fiddling with my fingers and the hem of my shirt. I didn't even want to think about this getting out at school. Because we only had one more song to finish, and then record everything and make the music and announce it. And seeing the impact of this, I didn't want to think about what would happen if any more lyrics- or even worse, that I was making an EP- came out. It wasn't something the people were to know yet.

I heard Emma and Alex swear, and I already felt bad for saying that. I mean, it wasn't like I couldn't have told them, but still. I didn't want to disappoint anyone. But I also didn't want to offend anyone or hold things back. And since it was highly likely that someone from that class posted the lyrics, it seemed only logical I tell them. Another possibility had formed in my head, but he would never.

"There-," I started hesitantly, "There's also this boy called Connor. We became friends. And I kinda told him about the EP and all after you," I nodded towards Emma, "called yesterday, and he was in Social Studies too when Caspar read those lyrics out loud, but he wouldn't be the one that tweeted it. I'm a hundred procent sure of that."

I didn't know why I'd said that, but then again, I think they had the right that, besides my family, Kayla, and Kerri, Connor now knew too. "I also told Zoe and Tyler. They skyped me." I said after that. "But that doesn't have anything to do with the leaked lyrics. I just thought you guys should know that."

The blondine sitting opposite to me nodded and smiled at me. It was silent for a couple minutes, when she asked something that, of course, had occurred in my mind.

"Well, if you're pretty sure it was in that class Troye, why don't you just stand up and ask them?"

Emma made it sounds so easy. So natural. And of course, I had thought of that. But I didn't have the damn nerved to stand up in, I don't know, the middle of class and just bluntly asks who the fuck tweeted out lyrics to 'Fun'. I mean, I still was the new kid, and it wasn't like they liked me. In music, yeah, but they just liked my voice there. I didn't really think they liked me. They liked that I could sing, but they were making fun of me just before they knew that, and I felt like they still were, just more without me noticing.