I heard a small knock on my door, followed by Brandon calling my name softly.

"Yeah? Come in." I was digging through my closet, looking for my light blue sweater. I was sure it was clean, or cleanish- I'd only worn it once, a couple days ago-, but I had no idea where it was.

"You going away?" A small voice piped from behind me, and I heard a squeak on my bed. He most probably had sat down on it. I looked up and straightened my back, deciding to come sit next to my younger brother. "Hmhm," I mumbled.

"But don't you have graduation tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but I'm not going, Bran." He seemed genuinely confused at that, which I couldn't really blame him for. "I'm going to vidcon with Troye, you know vidcon. He's announcing something really special there, and he wants me there. So I will be."

"Oh." He took a couple seconds to process it before asking what Troye was going to announce. I cocked my head to the side then, a look that could be best described as an 'are you fucking kidding me'-look on my face. "Okay, okay!" He held his hands up in surrender, laughter escaping his mouth after that. It made me smile.

"When are you leaving?"

"Couple hours, don't exactly know what time, but I'm gonna head over to Troye before we go to the airport, though." I ran a hand through my hair, smiling slightly.

We chatted a little bit more, but he left to go to his own room not much later, leaving me to pack the rest of my suitcase and start looking for that sweater once more. When I really couldn't find it, I started doubting myself, thinking that maybe I had put it in the laundry after all. I didn't recall doing so, but you never knew.

"Mom!?" I ran down the stairs, looking for my mom. If there was one person in this house who knew if I had put it in the laundry or not, it would be my mom. Or Nicola, but she was out with friends at the moment. "Have you seen my pale blue sweater?" She shook her head no, and with furrowed brows I got upstairs again and packed another sweater instead.

I then spend a couple hours not really doing anything. Just a bit of helping with chores wherever needed, playing some video games and soccer with Brandon, and explaining a bit more to my parents about what time I would leave and when I would get back and where I would be staying, if there were going to be supervisors "no, mom, there won't." But these people are responsible for their own actions, most adults, and besides, I would be turning nineteen this year. It wasn't like I hadn't stayed anywhere on my own before- England, for example- and we were staying in a hotel and heading to a convention pretty much all day.

And then I couldn't stand it anymore, so I hugged my parents and told them goodbye after reassuring for what seemed like the hundredth time that everything would be okay. Just as I closed the door and swung my backpack over my shoulder, my sister appeared in the driveway. Upon seeing me, her eyebrows shot upwards, and her mouth formed an 'o'. I mean. I did just leave the house with a suitcase and backpack without even telling here I would go anywhere. Oops?

"C-con? Wh... what are you doing?" Here voice was barely a whisper, almost as if she was scared I was running away or something. I just shook my head, chuckling slightly. Which, thinking of it, probably seemed like I was a maniac or something.

"Skipping graduation." Was all I said at first, after which she immediately let out a gasp, followed by multiple 'what's and 'why's. I let her stutter for a couple seconds before I put my hands on her shoulder, pushing them down, forcing her to relax. "I'm going to vidcon with Troye, Nic. Yes, I've spoken about it thoroughly with mom and dad. I'll miss you, but I like really gotta go now." That was kind of a lie. I didn't have to go. If we were to go to the airport right now, we'd be there about an hour and a half early. But I wanted to go. Knowing Troye, he was probably still lying on his bed with his laptop and an open suitcase, not even yet having attempted to pack for the days ahead.