Seventy three: Who are you?

//Daryl's POV//

I didn't know how long I had been in here for. Minutes, hours, days, weeks. I just didn't know. Time didn't mean anything to me anymore. All I did was hope Ophelia was doing alright and the group were staying strong.

So naturally, after sitting in the pitch black for days, I felt my eyes squint due to the sudden light and I saw Dwight had opened the door.

I wanted to kill that bastard. He was wearing my wings and had my crossbow. The only person I had ever let wear my wings was my wife who I couldn't even protect.

Before I could even blink Dwight grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled me up of the dirty ass ground as he yanked me through the corridors.

I was in pain, my shoulder hurt like a bitch and I couldn't help but wince due to my wound. Not to mention my face was swollen and I looked like shit.

As Dwight was dragging me along the corridor I looked at the rope Ophelia had tied around my finger a while ago and smiled softly although the gesture felt strange but I smiled every time I thought back to our small wedding night. It was perfect.

As Dwight pulled me last time we ended up in some sort of kitchen with cupboards, tables, sinks and a chair. The room smelled of cleaning products and it was intoxicating, to say the least.

I immediately tensed when Negan turned around to face me but didn't flinch, although I wanted to kill the man who was smirking down on me.

"Ahh. Jesus...you look shitty." He laughed shaking his head.

Dwight stood behind me as Negan continued, his very presence sending shivers up my spine.

"Don't you worry. We'll have Carson fix you all up. You thirsty?"

When I made no effort to speak he just chuckled to himself.

"Ah, hell, I forgot. Your mouth is all... puffed up like a baboon's ass. Need a straw? D, give him a straw....See that guy? He hustles. I like hustle. But believe it or not, things weren't always cool between us."

I furrowed my brows slightly. I did wonder why Sherry was one of Negans wives now. I was intrigued to know what had happened.

"See D here, he worked for points, him and his super hot wife and her super hot sister. But, see, sis, she needed meds. And that shit is hard to scavenge, so it cost more. Sis fell behind on points, so I asked her to marry me. Told her I would take care of her in sickness and in health, blah blah blah, because I am a stand-up guy." He said holding his hand over his chest.

"She tells me that she's gonna think about it. Next thing you know, I'm dealing with an orange situation. Dwighty boy here stole all the medication and took off with his super hot wife and my super hot maybe soon-to-be fiancée."

Damn. Maybe he had more balls than I thought. Still hated that jerk though.

"So I had to send my guys after him. Because I can't let something like that stand. There...are...rules. Cost me an arm and a leg going after him. And you know what Dwighty boy?"

I didn't have to look to see how annoyed Dwight actually was. But why the hell did he come back?

"He still got away. But here's the thing. D, he saw the light. He manned up. He came back. He asked for my forgiveness. I like that. Made me... take notice. But Lucille... Well...you know how she is. She is a stickler for the rules. So, Dwight... he begged me not to kill Sherry, which I thought was kind of cute, so I was just gonna kill him."

I could already see where this is going.

"But then Sherry says that she will marry me if I let Dwight live, which, if you think about it, that's a pretty screwed-up deal, 'cause I was gonna marry her sister until she wound up dead, but... Sherry is super hot. Anyways, it was a start. But it wasn't enough. So Dwight... he got the iron. And then I married his super hot wife...ex wife."