Seventy eight: Pool.

Walking outside did I have to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things

Walking outside did I have to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Nope. This was really happening. Spencer and Negan were playing pool like it wasn't the end of the world.

Shaking my head did I pat Carl's shoulder and make my way over so I was standing next to Rosita who didn't look at all happy but who could blame her.

"Talk to me Spencer. Talk to me about Rick." Negan sighed, urging Spencer to take his turn.

"I get what you're trying to do here, what you're trying to build. I'm not saying I agree with your methods, but I get it. You're building a network. You're making people contribute for the greater good. It makes sense. But you should know that Rick Grimes has a history of not working well with others."

Oh my- is he for real?

"Mmmh. Is that so?"

No it isn't.

"Rick wasn't the original leader here. My mom was. She was doing a really good job of it. Then she died, not long after Rick showed up-same with my brother, same with my dad."

Not this shit again. I was heavily resisting the urge to tackle Spencer to the ground.

"So, everything was peachy here for what-years? And then Rick shows up, and suddenly, you're an orphan? That is the saddest story I've ever heard. Good thing for you ‭he's not in charge anymore." Negan chuckled, taking his turn in the game.

"Doesn't matter. His ego's out of control. He'll find a way to screw things up, to try and do things his way, to take over. That's what he did with my mom. That's what he'll do again."

"What exactly are you proposing be done about that?" Negan huffed.

I couldn't take it anymore. I bolted forward, shoving Spencer backwards did I have a scowl on my face.

"Your an asshole. And so was your mom." I growled.

Grabbing both my wrists did he shove me backward causing me to bump into Negan who chuckled as he looked down on me.

"It's alright sweetheart. Let the man finish."

And the wink he gave me told me he had something planned. Oh boy.

Stepping back did I watch the scene unfold as Spencer continued to bullshit Negan. Damn he was really making his own death bed.

"I am my mother's son. I can be the leader she was. That's what this place needs. That's what you need.

"So I should put you in charge-that's what you're saying?"