Nineteen: Say something.

Bob.

Closing my book I tossed it into my back pack and slumped against the wall of the church.

Beth and Carol had been taken to some sort of hospital by a woman named Dawn and Daryl had found this man named Noah who was going to help us rescue them.

Sighing I began to play with Griffins bandana that was tied around my wrist before Daryl came over and sat beside me.

As I leant my head against the wall I avoided eye contact.

"I'm sorry for leavin' yer."

I just shrugged. He had his reasons and I understood that, we all wanted Beth back but when he left without a word I was terrified I was going to lose him too.

"I jus' needed to find Beth."

Nodding my head I slumped further into the corner of the church.

"How yer feelin'?"

Again I just shrugged.

"Ophelia?"

Silence.

"Talk to me."

Silence.

"Ophelia...say somethin'."

"There's nothing to say." I sighed subtly looking up to him.

" I sighed subtly looking up to him

"Ophelia-"

"What do you want me to say Daryl? That I'm fine? That I know everything's gonna be ok? Because it's not. Nothing is ever ok anymore Daryl. I'm gonna lose everyone in this room one day. One day I'm gonna lose you or your gonna lose me Daryl. So it's not gonna be ok...I have to put on an brave face every damn day and I can't even mourn my brothers death cause there's always something going on...and God help me if I lose you too." I snapped running a hand through my hair.

Sighing he motioned for me to come closer as he looked at me through his strands of hair.

My redneck put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close so my head was against his chest.

As he spoke I could feel his heart hammer against his chest which soothed me like a lullaby.

"Hey hey, yer ain' losin' me, not anytime soon."

"You don't know that."

"I do. I promise yer."

"You made a promise to me before and you broke it."

"God dammit Ophelia I'm not leavin' yer! Yer ain' gonna lose me. Cross my heart and hope to die."

Taking a deep breath I pulled away slightly and cupped his face, leaning in I pressed my lips against his and he didn't protest as he moved his lips against mine. I couldn't lose him too.