Thirty two: Meeting Deanna.

Stomping down the stairs at the sound of the door being knocked I quickly towel dried my hair as I approached the door.

I had just taken and shower and it was as though it was magical. Oh how I missed the feeling of being clean.

Daryl had left around half an hour ago to speak to Deanna so I assumed he was back although he could have come straight in. Odd.

I'd been here for nearly a whole day now I think about it and I nearly gasped at how fast the time had gone.

To my surprise I saw a familiar blonde with a warm smile on her face as I opened the door.

It was Avery.

She was wearing a white vest top with denim jeans and her hair was curled nicely

"Oh hey Avery."

"May I come in?"

"Uh sure." I sighed taking a step to the side so she could come in.

Closing the door shut I furrowed my brows as she had a sad look on her face.

"You alright?"

The woman reached into her pocket and pulled out a familiar blue lighter and handed it to me.

"How did you get this?" I asked arching a brow as I examined Griffins blue lighter. The lighter he had since we were teens, the lighter that used to belong to our mother, the lighter that he used to light his last cigarette.

"On the last day at the church...i helped bury his body and found the lighter in his pocket...figured you would want it."

Nodding my head I smiled at the woman.

"Thank you Avery."

I scrunched my face eyeing her up and down.

She was so nice, so kind hearted in a world of pain and loss. How?

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because your so...nice and you've seen such...awful things...it's good to know innocence still exists." I smiled.

"Your not a bad person Ophelia."

"I'm certainly not fucking innocent either." I chuckled.

"Whys that?"