(CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND SIX)

106 | Monsters.

"YOU'RE MONSTERS

"YOU'RE MONSTERS." Ophelia's breath had hitched in her throat. If it had not been for her gentle hand placed over her stomach, she would not have been able to hang onto her sanity much longer. It was as though Morale's words were like a rope, pulling on the little sanity she had left.

"I called them back because you're a prize Rick. We've been told. We don't kill you, the Widow, or the king, not if we don't have too. So why are you here? Why are you both here? I know you both just like before. You're always the people willing to rush in. But why? What is it you're looking for?"

Ophelia clenched her fists, listening to the ghost of the man they once knew in Atlanta. Deep down, hoping that perhaps, he was one of the good guys. That perhaps, there was some good left in the world, within the saviours.

"Nothing to say? It doesn't matter, not anymore. Not for you, or anyone else you brought in here. Cause what's left of my people, they're coming. And we'll get you to Negan. Or we won't. Either way, we're going to settle your shit. Peaches."

"What happened to your family? You had a wife and two kids. From what I can remember." The woman had hesitated before asking, family was a sensitive topic within this world. But, he answered none the less. "We never made it to Birmingham. They didn't."

"I'm sorry." Morales scoffed at Rick, asking, "Really Rick?"

"I am. We lost people too. Lori, Shane, Andrea...Griffin, Glenn. Negan killed him." The hatred within Ricks eye was obvious, but more so in Ophelia's, as she opened her still bleeding lips. "He lined us all up. One by one so that we were all kneeling in the mud in front of him. And then he bashed Glenn's head in so that his eyeball popped out of his skull. All in front of us, in front of his pregnant wife."

Ophelia had realised, as the words left her lips like venom, that if it meant Negan died, she wouldn't mind losing the sanity that she had in the world. Even if it meant becoming that of a monster. As long as he went first.

Morales arched a brow. "He had a wife?" Rick nodded in response, "not before. He met her. She's the widow...So, are you Negan too?"

"I lost my family. I lost my mind. I was in some tow trailer, sleeping myself to death. Waiting to become nothing. And the saviours - they found me. They thought I was worth a damn. Worth being back with em. So yeah, I'm Negan. To make it this far, this long, I had to be. I had to be something. Just like you."

"We're nothing alike. Not anymore." Ophelia growled, her gaze burning holes into Morales.

"Really?" Morales scoffed. "Look at us. We're three assholes who'll do whatever we have to just to keep going. And the only difference is I'm the one holding the gun. That doesn't make me any worse than you, it just makes me luckier. Cause let's face it, if it wasn't me, if it was one of you holding the gun, I'd be brains out on the floor right now."