Twenty one: The trade.

As we walked through the double doors with the two cops In front is us we all lowered our weapons as Dawn and her people stood opposite us.

This so called Dawn had black hair that was neatly tied in a low bun. She was in a cops uniform and had straight posture.

Beth stood at the back of the small group of cops and doctors, she stood behind Carol who was sat in a wheel chair. Both looked in pretty rough shape as Beth had two big cuts on her face and Carol could barely walk.

Rick was the first to break the tense silence.

"They haven't been harmed."

"Where's Lamson?" Was all Dawn could say.

"Rotters got him. Saw it go down." The male cop who we had sighed.

Damn he's a good liar.

"I'm sorry to hear that. He was one of the good guys."

Sure he was Dawn. Sure he was.

"One of yours for one of mine." Dawn negotiated as she nodded at one of her men to wheel Carol forward.

Pushing the cop we had forward, Daryl walked to the middle of the hallway to get Carol.

As the grey haired woman came over I pulled her into a tight hug as she kissed my forehead.

"I'm glad you ok." I smiled.

"No I'm glad your ok, I know things haven't been easy."

Nodding my head I looked back over at the scene to see Beth coming over and the female cop leaving.

"Glad we could work things out." Dawn eerily smiled.

As Beth approached I squeezed her shoulder and she smiled softly at me. I honestly didn't know her that well at all but she was always so sweet when we spoke.

As I pulled my hand away she smiled warmly at me one last time before Dawn stopped us all in our tracks as she spoke.

"Now I just need Noah and then you can leave."

"That wasn't part of the deal." Rick hissed.

"Noah was my ward. Beth took his place and now I'm losing her so I need him back. My officers put their lives on their line to find him. One of them died."

"No he ain' leavin'!" Daryl snapped walking in front of Noah.

"He's one of mine. You have no claim on him."

Stepping forward I narrowed my eyes at Dawn.

"Neither do you. The boy wants to go home. Let him."

"Well then we don't have a deal." She shrugged.

"The deals been done." Rick growled.

"It's ok." Noah sighed walking over towards the woman ignoring our voices for him to come back.

"It's settled." Dawn smirked.

Beth sprinted over towards the boy whom she had grown to like and pulled him into a tight hug.

"I knew you'd be back." Dawn smiled looking over at Noah.

Pulling away Beth frowned at the woman as she walked over to her.

"I get it now." She smiled as she plunged a pair of scissors into Dawn shoulder.

But then the unthinkable happened.