Fifty four: Walking through the herd.

Great. I was under a pile of rubble with Eugene who wasn't even moving. Fucking great.

Alexandria just had to fall today.

I blew the hair out of my face and brushed the soot of my face, feeling like a chimney sweeper from Mary Poppins.

Shoving the rubble of off both me and Eugene I shook him when he wouldn't move.

When I saw the mans chest rise and fall as usual I sighed a breath of relief to see he was awake and alive but I huffed in annoyance at how he wasn't doing anything.

"Eugene you need to get up!" I hissed trying to pull him up but he wouldn't move, he was trembling and sniffling like a big damn baby.

Rolling my eyes I turned around to see Ricks radio laying on the floor and voice coming out of it.

Rick Rick.

I knew that voice.

Scrambling to my feet did I run to the radio and bring it to my lips as I kneeled on the gravel.

"Daryl? Daryl is that you?"

Ophelia?

"Your alive!" I laughed in relief.

Yeah, got my shit stolen, my bike, my crossbow but I'm alive. Where are yer?

"Well shit. Baby we'll find 'em and get your stuff back but Daryl there's a herd of walkers. One of the towers has fallen."

Stay there. I'm coming. Are you alright?

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm fine. Listen Daryl."

The radio was beginning to cackle and I know I didn't have long left before he wouldn't be able to hear me.

Yeah?

"I love you."

And with that I tossed the radio back to the ground and ran back to Eugene.

"Eugene I'm gonna go get help. You stay here okay?"

"Yes m-mam." He stuttered still making no effort to move.

Shaking my head I pushed myself back of the ground and made my way over to Rosita, Avery and Tara who were pacing the town.

"Where's Eugene?" Rosita asked gripping both my shoulders.

Pointing over towards the man they nodded their heads but when they ran and I made no effort to follow they furrowed their brows.

"Go." I nodded before I ran of in the opposite direction to try and find everyone else.

I just needed to know everyone was okay.

Everybody get back into your houses!

Rick.

Following the sound did I see Rick and Deanna running of towards their house panting and limping.

"Rick!" I shouted trying to get his attention.

Turning to face me he put his hand on his chest and breathed a sigh of relief before waving me over.

Running along with him did we enter a house with Carl, Judith, Rick, Jessie, Ron, Sam, Michonne and Gabriel.

***

Sitting by Deanna who was laying on the bed I was trying to treat her wound.