(CHAPTER ONE)

CHAPTER ONE

( Keep walking )

     "WE SHOULD HEAD SOUTH," Ophelia said

"WE SHOULD HEAD SOUTH," Ophelia said. "There's a stream this way, we can stop off there for a while, wash, fill up our water bottles, and set up camp for the night."

"And then what?" Griffin asked.

"Then we do what we've been doing for the last week: we keep on walking. And we keep on walking until we find them again." She replied.

"Okay, Fine." He sighed. "But, we'll never make it to that stream today. It's miles away. We should stop here for the night, catch up on some sleep, and then head south in the morning."

"No. We have to go there now." She said stubbornly. "Every minute that we stop walking, the further we get from everybody else."

"We don't even know where they are!"

"Which is why we keep walking." She said again. "We aren't going to find them if we stand around and hope for the best. We head for the stream, look for any sign of them, and then we rest. If they'll smart, they'd have headed there too at one point."

"Or they're in the complete opposite direction." He said under his breath.

"Well we won't know that unless we keep walking and find out."

"Ophelia, stop." Griffin said after a moment. "Just stop for a minute."

"Griffin—" she went to say, but Griffin cut her off.

"No, I can't walk anymore." He told her, dropping his bag onto the floor. "We've been walking for miles all day, and we haven't stopped. My shoulders are hurting from my bag, and I'm tired, and I'm hungry, and I just want to rest. I'm not walking anymore."

Ophelia huffed in annoyance — they'd spent the last week wondering aimlessly through the woods ever since they'd left the prison. They hadn't found anyone else from the group, and they'd been looking for any sign of them, but they hadn't been successful at that either; it was almost like they'd disappeared of off the face of the planet.

And with each day that past, the more annoyed Ophelia became — she just wanted to find everybody again.

"Fine," She said, picking up his bag and throwing it over her shoulder. "I'll carry your bag."

"That's not what I meant." He tried to say, but she ignored him.

"We keep walking."

Griffin shook his head. He didn't want to keep walking. That's all they'd been doing, and he was exhausted because of it.

"It's not about the damn bag!" He said, pulling it of off her shoulder. "I'm not walking anymore. If you want to, then you can, but it'll be without me. I'm exhausted, Ophelia. I can't keep walking anymore. I just can't."