Fifty seven: Strawberries and chocolate.

Waking up to the sound of birds tweeting did I realise Daryl and I had fallen asleep under the stars last night.

Smiling softly I pecked Daryl's lips to try and wake the redneck up.

Kissing was no match for his snoring apparently.

Grunting he finally opened his eyes and turned on his side to face me, his eyes barely opened as he tried to block out the sun.

"5 more minutes." He mumbled wrapping his arm over my side.

"Fine." I chuckled closing my eyes.

We both knew very well it would be more than 5 minutes.

***

"Rise and shine you sleepy shits!"

Rubbing my eyes I saw Abraham chuckling away as he stood over me and Daryl who were still holding onto one another.

"Fuck off." Daryl grumbled refusing to open his eyes.

"No can do. We got some work to do today. Need to rebuild the walls."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be up in hour." He sighed closing his eyes even tighter.

"See you in 5 minutes!" Abraham smiled clapping his hands together as he walked of.

Sighing I slowly sat myself up and stretched my arms above my head before nudging Daryl.

"Come on Dixon. Get your ass up."

"Is a lay in to fuckin' much to ask for?" He grumbled rubbing his eyes.

Grunting he finally sat himself up, huffing in annoyance and shaking his head in an effort to wake himself up. He looked up at me as I began to roll up the blanket but I just shrugged it of.

I was rolling up the old blanket only to be stopped when Daryl tackled me to the ground.
He straddled my waist as he propped himself up on his elbows and his gaze bore into mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked before he pressed his lips against mine.

"Good morning to you too." I chuckled.

"Ain' gonna see yer for a whole day so."

"Ew get a room." I heard spencer say as he walked past.

Smiling I pressed my lips against Daryl's one last time before I pushed myself up of the ground and rolled up the blanket.

"If you need any help. Let me know."

"Alrigh'."

And with that I made my way back to house to make myself some breakfast.

***

Once I had eaten my breakfast I sighed looking at the bowl.

I was so bored. So bored.

I wanted to help rebuild the wall but there was already enough people doing it and Rick and Daryl insisted I take a break from doing something.

Shrugging my shoulders I decided to help another way. I'll make some breakfast for everyone. Because why the hell not? I mean I'm no housewife and I'm not into all that cooking shit but I wanted to help some how.

Looking in the fridge I saw the only food we had was strawberries, chocolate and cheese.
Defiantly food you would totally expect in a apocalypse.

Scrunching my face whilst deciding what to make I decided to go for an old classic: Melted chocolate on strawberries.

It was always mine and Griffins favourite meal.

Taking out the chocolate bars did I lay them flat on the kitchen counter.

I then began to use a rolling pin to crush up all the chocolate bars so that they were in little bits before scooping them all up into a bowl.

I'm pretty sure your meant to did it differently but who gives a fuck?

Shoving the bowl in the microwave I then took out the plastic box of strawberries and stuffed a cocktail stick through each of them.

As about 5 minutes passed I took out the melted chocolate which smelled like heaven and placed the bowl on the counter.

I then dipped each strawberry into the melted chocolate until I had 20 strawberries covered in melted chocolate.

Once I had admired my masterpiece I smiled. Taking two of them did I shove them into my mouth and gulp it down quickly before going outside with the strawberries.

The sun was quick to burn my flesh but I just ignored it, I was used to the sun trying to burn me alive by now.

As I approached the people working on the walls I whistled so I could get their attention.

"Ophelia?"

Scrunching his brows Daryl made his way over to me and immediately picked up his pace when he saw my food.

He went to grab one but I swatted his hand away and smirked.

"Wait your turn Dixon."

As everyone took a strawberry each, there was now only one left and I held it out for Daryl to take.

"Yer mean to me." He whined.

Chuckling I ruffled his hair as he chewed the strawberry.

"No I simply saved the best till last." I winked before walking of.

As I was making my way around Alexandria I chucked the empty box in the bin and quickly grabbed the bowl of left over melted chocolate.

Holding the bowl in my hands I made my way to the infirmary where Carl was sitting up staring into space.

"Hey bud." I smiled.

"Hey Ophelia, what's that?"

Sitting down in the chair did I hand the boy the bowl of left over chocolate. He knitted his brows together and I chuckled.

"Go on. I know you want to lick the bowl."

"I'm not 5."

"Well if you don't want it-"

"No I didn't say that."

Laughing I watched the boy consume the chocolate and shook my head.

For once in my life everything was calm.

***

Sorry this chapter is short it's more of a filler chapter but it's gonna be a big and happy chapter for Daryl and Ophelia in the next chapter ;)

Btw tomorrow I'll go back to updating once a day Xx