Sixty five: Supply run.

As I was stood at the top of the ladder hammering a few nails to keep the doorframe of mine and Daryl's house up I looked down to see Denise below me.

"Careful there Denise. Nearly mistook you for a walker. Nearly knocked you on the head with this hammer. That wouldn't have been a pretty picture."

Hammering one last nail to the doorframe I slid down the ladder to face Denise.

"How can I help?"

"I'm going out on a run with Daryl and Rosita. Wanna come?"

"Why me?"

"Because your good at fighting walkers and I want to learn. Please."

I ran my hand over my chin and thought about it. I wasn't in the best condition, my head had a few stitches and I'd already popped one yesterday. Oh well, fuck it."

"Uh sure. Alright. I'll meet you by the front gate in 10 minutes then."

"Perfect."

Once Denise was out of sight I rubbed my forehead and crouched down onto the concrete floor to grab the tool box.

As I put the box of tools away along with the ladder I briefly thought of Dale and his box of tools.

Dale was always a person you could talk to and confide in. Although I'm not sure he would agree with everything we've done.

I smiled at his memory and hoped he would be proud of us all anyway. It felt like yesterday we were at the farm. It was my favourite place, and although so much had changed since then, I would do anything to go back.

I'd say at least 10 minutes had passed by now.

Stuffing my knife in my holster I made my way over to the front gate whilst slinging my bag over my back.

There I saw Daryl, Rosita and Denise standing by the gate with their arms crossed over their chests.

The sun was beaming down today and I embraced the beams which warmed up my pores.

As I approached the three of them Daryl slung an arm around my shoulders and sighed.

"Don't even try and stop me coming asshole." I smirked.

"Fine. Doesn' mean in happy with it though."

"Too bad Dixon."

Shaking his head as the gate opened he said no more about it.

***

Fuck.

Our path was blocked by a load of annoying ass trees so our car couldn't get passed.

Huffing in annoyance we all stepped out of the car slamming the doors shut behind us.

Guess we would be walking.