(CHAPTER NINE)

CHAPTER NINE

( To be free )

Warning: Sensitive subject(s)

"DON'T YOU DO THAT AGAIN." Said Griffin, holding his sister tightly against him. "I thought something had happened to you. I saw the building catch fire and I just thought-"

      "I'm fine, Griffin. Okay? I'm right here." She smiled, cupping his face. "We're both here. We're both fine. And we're both gonna make it out just fine. Now we just need to find the others. Did you see where they went?"

      "I saw them escape and get away from the boxcar." He said, letting go of her. "But I didn't see where they went. I just saw them attack the guards and run off to wherever they could. Avery's gone off too. She said she had unfinished business to settle. I tried to go with her but, she said this was something she had to do on her own."

      "Alright. You did a good job." Ophelia said. "They'll probably head up back to the forrest. We should head up there and wait for them."

     "Wait," said Griffin, pausing. "Did you-did you see him? Did you see father?"

     Ophelia sighed and nodded her head.

     "Is he-is he the same as when we last saw him?"

     "If you're asking me if he's still an asshole, yes he is." She said bluntly. "I thought the whole 'Cannibal' thing might've given that away."

      "I know. I just-I meant-" he tried to say, but his sister cut him off.

      "I know what you meant." She said, more softly. "I wish I could've told you that he wasn't so bad, that he was coerced into all this and that he wants to help us. But he's hateful and cruel, and he wanted to to hurt our friends. I'm sorry, Griffin."

     Griffin shrugged, looking down. "Some leopards just never change their spots."

      "Come on," Ophelia said, grabbing his hand. "Let's get out of this sh-thole. And leave him behind for good."

      Griffin nodded and then they both headed towards the fence to get out of Terminus.

      Smoke surrounded them as they ran away. They had to avoid gunfire and fire, as they zig-zagged through the courtyard. They tried to see if they could spot anyone that they knew, but it was difficult to see through the smoke. They kept running until they reached the fencing that surrounded the place.