(CHAPTER SEVEN)

CHAPTER SEVEN

( Plans and grenades )

     WHEN OPHELIA AND GRIFFIN arrived back at the woods they both took a moment to breathe—they'd just seen their friends being forced into a boxcar to wait for their death

WHEN OPHELIA AND GRIFFIN arrived back at the woods they both took a moment to breathe—they'd just seen their friends being forced into a boxcar to wait for their death. And if they didn't do something soon, they were going to be too late. And if they were too late, they'd never forgive themselves.

When they got to the woods they also saw that Avery wasn't there anymore. She wasn't in the spot that they had left her in and there wasn't any sign of her either—but she did say she might not hang around, so they weren't necessarily surprised or taken back. They didn't blame her for wanting to get as far away from this place as possible. And their friends weren't her responsibility either. So why would she stay?

"What are we meant to do now?" Griffin asked, dropping his bag onto the ground. "There's two of us, and loads of them. We don't stand a chance."

Ophelia ran her hand over her mouth in frustration. "I don't know."

Whilst they both tried to think of something, they heard the safety of a gun go off. They exchanged a confused look, before they went to go and see what was going on—where the sound had come from. It didn't sound like they were alone wherever it had come from.

They walked through the edge of the forrest until they came across Avery kneeling on the ground with somebody pointing a gun to her head. But, it wasn't just anybody pointing a gun to her head—it was Carol.

Ophelia widened her eyes in shock. "Carol?"

Carol quickly tore her gaze of off Avery and looked over at Ophelia and Griffin. She rose her brows in surprise and felt herself relieved that not everybody she knew was stuck inside Terminus.

"You made it." Ophelia said in relief. "We—we didn't know what happened to you or where you went."

"Oh, and it's okay." Griffin added, nodding over at Avery. "She's with us."

Carol looked down at Avery and then to her gun and then back to Ophelia and Griffin. She put away her gun and then walked over to the two of them.

"I'm so glad you're safe." She smiled, pulling each of them into an embrace. "I thought you might be with the others."

"We almost were. We were considering going there for sanctuary." Griffin said, pulling away. "Good thing we didn't or we wouldn't be here now."

"Where have you been?" Ophelia asked after a moment. "After Rick sent you away, we didn't know where you went. Daryl was worried about you."

"I've been with Tyreese and Judith."

"Judith is alive?" She asked in relief.

"Yes." Carol smiled. "She's safe. She's with Tyreese right now."