Thirty: Aaron.

"He has a camp nearby. He wants us to audition for membership."

"I wish there was another word." Aaron sighed before continuing.

"Audition makes it sound like we're some sort of a dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights!"

When no one laughed the man cleared his throat awkwardly before carrying on.

"It's a community. I think you would all make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is too convince you all to follow me back home."

Making eye contact with each of us he nodded his head as he spoke.

"I know, If I were you, I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack? Front pocket, there's an envelope."

As Sasha pulled out a fairly small envelope she handed it to Rick who hesitantly took the piece of paper as Aaron once again carried on speaking.

"There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those. I apologize in advance for the picture quality. We just found an old camera store last-"

"Nobody give a shit." Daryl hissed pulling me closer to him in an attempt to protect me.

"Your absolutely 100% right...That's the first picture I wanted to show you because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe. If you join us, you will be. Each panel in that wall is a 15-foot-high, 12-foot-wide slab of solid steel framed by cold-rolled steel beams and square tubing. Nothing alive or dead gets through that without our say-so. Like I said, security is obviously important. In fact, there's only one resource more critical to our community's survival. The people."

Could this man be genuine? A real home? No. It was surely to good to be true.

Looking around the room I noticed everyone had the same unsure look on their face as I did.

After Terminus we were all so wary and untrusting. We were sure no where was safe.

"Together we're strong. You can make us even stronger. The next picture, you'll see inside the gates. Our community was first construc-"

Aaron was suddenly knocked unconscious when Ricks fist collided with his jaw that was now bleeding as he lay amongst the hay unconscious.

***

As everyone began to scout the area to check for any people this man may have bought I zip tied his hands and tied him to a pole.

He wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Rick was sure this man wasn't genuine. He insisted people were coming for us. But I wasn't so sure.

Sighing I stood up and made my way over to Daryl who was watching me intensely as though Aaron would suddenly wake up and stab me with my own knife.

It wasn't long before everyone came back having found nothing.