Eighteen: Visit from a foe.

Cramped behind one of church doors we were breathing deeply as Gareth and his men were walking up the church isle.

Rick and a few of the others had temporally gone out...with all our weapons.

Gareth's very voice sent chills down my spine as he spoke.

"Well I guess you know we're here. And we're armed. So there's really no point in hiding anymore. We've been watching you, we know whose here."

Through a crack in wooden door I could see the smug look on his face as he continued to taunt us.

"Theres Bob...unless you've put him out of his misery already...and Eugene, Rosita, Martins good friend Tyreese, Carl, Judith, sweet little Avery...and Bills favourite child Ophelia...that is before you killed him."

At the mention of my farther I felt myself tense but I felt more relaxed as Carl held onto my hand and gave it squeeze. His way of trying to say everything was gonna be alright.

 His way of trying to say everything was gonna be alright

"Rick and the rest walked out with a lot of your guns. Listen we don't know where you all are but this isn't a big place. So let's just stop this now before things get a lot more painful than they need to be. Look, your behind one of these two doors and we have more than enough fire power to take down both, can't imagine that's what you want."

Hearing his footsteps come closer towards the door we all held our breaths as though breathing would give us away.

"How about the priest? Farther, you help us wrap this up, we'll let you walk away from this. Just open the door and you can go. You can take the baby with you. What do you say?"

Unfortunately for us Judith began to let out a small cry, both me and Carl walked over to little ass kicker and tried to quieten her down as Gareth continued talking.

"I don't know. Maybe we'll keep the kid. I'm starting to like this girl. It's your last chance right now to tell us your coming out."

We still all remained silent exchanging worried looks although it was dark.

"What about you Avery? You were one of us once. Come on. Help out your old friends and we're let you walk away."

Silence.

"The silent treatment is starting to get a little irritating. Although it's understandable."

Silence.

"Ophelia I know your in there. Come on out. Don't you want to live? I know you do. You made a promise to your brother right? So sorry for your lose by the way."

I felt myself tense even more. How the fuck did he know that?

Oh no he didn't.