(CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN)

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN
'DEAD MEN WALKING'

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN'DEAD MEN WALKING'

     NEGAN IS DEAD. At least, according to Simon he was. He and Dwight went to look for him after Rick had chased his car of the road, but they didn't find him alive — that's what he told the saviours. And now, like a cattle of sheep, they followed Simon, who wanted to keep to the original plan ; to attack the hilltop. But, he was taking the lead now.

     "Negan. I want to talk to Negan." Maggie demanded over the walkie talkie — she'd seen the saviours parked outside the hilltop.

     "Well, hello there." Simon smiled, holding the radio close to his lips. "You are speaking to Negan, but my birth certificate says Simon. With whom do I have the distinct displeasure of speaking with?"

     "Maggie Rhee. The widow." Maggie replied. She hated that name: the widow. It reminded her that Glenn — her husband — was never going to come back to her.

     "Well then. Hello widow Rhee. And allow me to offer my condolences. For what's happened and what's about to happen." He smirked.

"In case it's not already plain as Hilltop potatoes, yours truly is speaking on behalf of Negan this go 'round. And I assure you that the man himself personally received your care package next day delivery. I noticed it was the box that I gave you in good faith. Trick's on me." Simon continued — he remembered how angry he'd been when Maggie delivered a dead saviour to the sanctuary a few weeks ago. "But, the bill's come due, and you and your people are gonna have to pay. Quite dearly, I'm afraid."

     "Your people are alive and breathing. Turn around and leave us be, and they stay that way. But if you don't, I have bullets that I will personally fire into all." Maggie warned, her lips pressed into a thin line. "It's too nice a night to spend it dyin' slow. Don't you think, Simon?"

     "Well, Maggie Rhee, this is highly regrettable, but the way I see it, the Saviors you're in possession of there are damaged goods. You know, they've got themselves into their own pickle, and this organization prizes those who, "A," avoid capture and, "B," figure out their own shit when said outcome eventuates. Which, in the end, is my way of saying screw them." Simon told her blankly — he wasn't going to change his plan for a few hopeless saviours.

     Simon then hung up and turned around to face the saviours gathered around their cars waiting for their orders.

      "Alright, people. Let's get this party started. And though we do not come bearing munitions, remember: The plan has changed. Our goal is not merely infection... it is conclusion. We are doing away with these people. All of 'em." Simon told them — but he knew this isn't what Negan would want. But...he didn't care either.

The hilltop was going to pay.

❦❦❦

     "This isn't what he'd want. You know that, right?" Dwight asked, as Simon mobilised the saviours. "He could still be out there. You sure you wanna face that with him if he shows?"

     Simon shrugged, unfazed. "Better to beg forgiveness than ask for permission, D. Future problems."

     Dwight opened his lips to reply — he didn't know what Simon was trying to do — but, he was swiftly cut of my gunfire. The saviours quickly ducked behind their vehicles, avoiding any bullets from the Hilltoppers. Until a few moments later, Daryl drove through the gate with a machine gun.

     "Go!" Simon yelled. "Go through the gate before the assholes close it."

     The saviours then stormed into the hilltop with their weapons raised and began to attack the civilians there. They thrust infected blades into their skin and pierced their limbs with bloody arrows — The Hilltoppers had no idea they were dead men walking. They didn't realise the saviours weren't killing them then and there ; they were infecting them with the virus.

     Simon had a sly smile on his face as the saviours plunged the hilltop into chaos. He knew that a lot of these people would wake up as walkers later and finish the job of for them. He only wished he could be there to see it.

     "I'll take out sunshine around the corner." Simon said to Dwight, as they ran through the hilltop. "Unless you want her, D?"

     "No." The blonde shook his head.

     Simon sighed heavily. "Well, how 'bout the next one, then? I'm gonna need a group effort here."

      Dwight's blue eyes then landed on Tara and he cursed himself inside of his head — he didn't want to shoot her. He wanted to help her. But, he could feel Simons gaze burn holes into the side of his head and he caved in. He couldn't look suspicious.

      Dwight hesitantly pulled out an arrow — a green feathered bolt that used to belong to Daryl — and aimed the bow at Tara. It was difficult to see as it was so dark, but he managed to shoot the arrow at the woman before she could escape.

      "Tara!" Daryl yelled — he'd seen Dwight aim his bow at Tara. But, the bolt landed in Tara's arm before she could run.

      Daryl quickly ran over to help Tara — he wanted to confront the saviours. He wanted to get Ophelia back. But, she wasn't here. And Tara needed his help. So, for now, he focused solely on what was happening right now.

    Meanwhile, Rosita and Ezekiel shot out the headlights of the saviours vehicles, a sudden darkness swarming the hilltop.

     "I can't see shit!" Simon complained.

      These people have run before." Simon then said out loud to the saviours. "Arat, take a team around back. I want the place surrounded. Gary, your group goes for the trailers. Slow and quiet."

     Simon then turned to Barrington house with a evil smile on his face. "The rest of us are making a house call. Well, if anybody's home... it's time to do some proper slaughtering."

     Simon, Dwight and the rest of the saviours then went to go inside and attack Barrington house, until a sudden light sent them retreating back to their trucks. A row of headlights had turned on and the window lights had blasted through the glass to their eyes. A few moments later, gunfire followed.

     "God damn it, no!" Simon huffed. "Back to the trucks! Go! Go! Go!"

       The saviours sprinted for their trucks and scrambled away quickly, leaving as quickly as they came. Rick and Maggie had ran after them, but they were soon gone.

     The hilltop rejoiced in victory — but, if only they knew what was about to come.

     Simon still had a sly smile on his face because he did.

      -

A/N: there WILL be some Daryl in the next chapter I promise. I just had to write this battle first. Though my memory is awful and I can't really remember what happened. So, if some of it's inaccurate you know why. But, I think it's alright. Ish.

Also if you wondering if Ophelia got a letter from Carl. You'll see 🤧