Sixty two: Decision.

We were all gathered in the little church waiting for Rick to speak. We needed to make a decision on what to do about the saviours. It was a little chilly but my flannel was keeping me warm.

God I hope he would hurry up I needed to piss man.

I myself was sat in between Sasha and Rosita whilst Daryl was sitting behind me with his hands on the back of my seat. I sensed some awkwardness between the two woman but I didn't say anything. I already had shit to deal with. Maggie and Glenn were on the other side whilst Carol was behind them. Everyone else was scattered.

When Rick finally spoke I gave him my full attention

"We can work with the Hilltop. Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food-eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away. These Saviors, they almost killed Sasha, Daryl, and Abraham on the road."

Ever since Daryl told me about that any mention of the saviours sent shivers down my spine.

I shook of the feeling and continued to listen to Rick, the man I loved as a farther.

"Now, sooner or later, they would've found us, just like those Wolves did, just like Jesus did. They woulda killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then, in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get, that we win. And we have to win. We do this for the Hilltop, it's how we keep this place. It's how we feed this place. This needs to be a group decision. If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece."

"Your sure we can do it? We can beat them?" Morgan asked.

Are we ever sure of anything anymore?

"What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us-yes, I'm sure."

"Then all we have to do is just tell them that." Morgan tried to say but Rick was quick to shut him down.

"Well they don't compromise."

"This isn't a compromise it's a choice you give them. It's a way out. For them and for us."

If only it was that easy Morgan.

"We try and talk to the Saviors, we give up our advantage, our safety. No, we have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive. Where there's life, there's possibility. Of them hitting us."

I completely agreed with Rick, although I was hesitant to kill people who I didn't know.

"We're not trapped in this. None of you are trapped in this." Morgan tried to protest but Rick just sighed.

" Morgan tried to protest but Rick just sighed