(CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR)

104 | Argument.

OPHELIA STOOD NEXT to Jerry, as Rick and Daryl conversed by a tree further away

OPHELIA STOOD NEXT to Jerry, as Rick and Daryl conversed by a tree further away. She did not know what they were speaking of, but she did not want to intrude. As such, she found herself leant against her husbands bike as Jerry was humming to a tune.

She did not quite recognise the tune at first. The woman simply listened to the merry mans tune as she would nod her head to the rhythm of the song. But, eventually she did begin to recognise the song and after a long thought process, she was able to identify it.

Before she knew it, she had begun to sing the words, losing herself deep within a world of her own. "I had all and then most of you. Some and now none of you. Take me back to the night we met...I don't know what I'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you. Take me back to the night we met."

When the words had stopped rolling of her tongue like silk, she had only then noticed how that of the people had begun to clap, Jerry being the loudest. There was not many people to clap her, but enough to make the woman blush.

Ophelia had turned her head when Rick approached her, he had been clapping his hands too as he stood in front of her, a small smile tugging on the corner of his lips. "Carl always said you had a lovely voice."

The woman smiled softly at the sherif but when her gaze flickered over to that of her husband who still stood in the distance, she could not help but release a heavy sigh. "He's angry at me, isn't he?"

"He'll come around. He always does." Rick had said, placing that of a hand on Ophelia's shoulder. She tried not to let her face falter as she placed her own over Ricks, but found herself frowning none the less.

The woman then stood fully, exchanging one last look of comfort with Rick before she walked over towards her husband. He stood looking of into the distance as she had approached - he did not face her when she stood by his side.

A part of Ophelia had hoped that the redneck would be the first to speak, even it was him shouting, venting or screaming at the top of his lungs. Anything but that of the tense silence she was slowly suffocating in.

"I'm sorry." She had said, clearing her throat beforehand. Still he did not respond. He did not even look over at his wife, no he was far too pissed off. Ophelia decided to try again, without losing her patience. "I'm sorry. I just, I thought-"

"You'd be back before I did. You ain't gotta explain." Daryl had scoffed, his voice raspy and gruff.

"I don't like lying to you Daryl. Truly I don't, but I didn't have a choice." Ophelia tried to reason, but Daryl just let out a huff, responding, "Bullshit. There's always a choice and you chose to lie to me. You didn't 'ave to. No one forced you to. You chose to do that."

"And I'm sorry!" Though sorry she was, Daryl could not help but shake his head as he responded. "Sorry you lied to me or sorry you got caught?"

She had to admit, that question did get her. Ophelia truly was sorry but upon reflection she had realised she had not regretted helping the group - she had only regretted lying to Daryl.

"I'm not the kind of woman to stay at home and wait for everyone else to do the work, to win this war for me. I never have been. And you know that Daryl, you always have. You knew that when you married me."

"I know." Daryl had sighed, lowering his head as he did so. "You've always been different. It's why I love ya. But, you weren't pregnant before. And now-"

"I'm pregnant. For God sake Daryl I'm pregnant. I know that, you've reminded my a hundred times already! You remind me every damn day when you try and keep me in that fucking house all day while you do all the work. It's not fair. And I won't let you control me Daryl, I'm going to help win this war."

Ophelia stood tall as she had finally relieved herself of the words that she been dying to say. Though she did feel a tad of guilt brewing deep within her - guilt still for lying and guilt for that of disobeying the man whom loved her to the ends of the earth.

At last, after Daryl had brewed on the harsh words that her left her lips like bullets, he had finally turned around. She thought he would understand, or that he would nod or give her some sort of sign implying he got it. But, he did not. Instead he said the worst thing she could imagine and he looked her dead in the eye as he impulsively said it.

"If anythin' happens to our kid. I ain't ever gonna forgive you."

Regret it immediately he very much did, he did not mean it. But, he could not apologise as he watched his wife storm away, and a tear forming within her eye he could have sworn to have seen.

-

A/N: thoughts? I feel like I've been sucky at portraying Daryl lately and I'm really sorry. I promise they will make up soon, and they'll return to being the badass couple they were. But, I found it hard to place Ophelia in 8x01 and make it interesting. Please let me know your thoughts.