Seventy seven: Spagetti.

As I laid down on the double bed did I rub my eyes tiredly when I heard faint voices coming from downstairs. One was deep, their voice boomed through out the house and it sent shivers down my spine.

Furrowing my brows did I slip on my boots and stretch my arms over my head as I slowly stomped down the stairs.

It couldn't be Rick, he had gone on a supply run with Aaron, all it could be was Olivia and Judith but she couldn't even talk yet. So I was confused as hell.

You see, Rick told me to get some rest and stay it his house for a bit. That way I could help Olivia out if she needed help with Judith.

As I stomped down the stairs did I nearly choke on air to see Negan, Carl, Olivia and Judith sat around a table with spaghetti, hell even Lucille had a space around the table.

"Sweetheart! Your awake! Come on over here and have some spaghetti." He smiled pointing over towards an empty seat.

As I sat down hesitantly did I notice he had shaved of his beard, I didn't like the man but I personally preferred him with a salt and pepper beard.

Negan chuckled as Olivia poured him some lemonade before he had a sip himself.

Once he wiped his mouth did he place a hand on my knee and grin cunningly as his pearly white teeth were on display for the world

Instead of moving away did I just glare at him. Hoping he would get the hint I did not like him. Although I'm pretty sure he knew, and for some reason found it amusing.

"Since we got some time to kill sweetheart, and Olivia here is a bit...anxious about my presence, I think it would be enjoyable to screw your brains out. I mean you're super hot, I'm super hot..."

Rolling my eyes did I pick up his hand with my own and place it back on his own lap, sending him a sarcastic smile did I shake my head.

"Thanks, but no thanks."

"Oh damn! That is a shame. Maybe you'll come around sooner or later."

"Yeah, like that will happen." I snorted.

"That's what they all say angel."

Shaking my head did I see Carl send me an apologetic look my way as if it was his fault Negan was here. I just smiled softly and propped my elbows against the table.

"I'm not waiting for your dad anymore. I don't know where the hell he is, but Lucille is hungry. Carl, pass the rolls...please." Negan sighed.

And with that I had the possibly most awkward meal of my life.

****

Whilst Negan was outside, having a drink with Spencer, did I tell Olivia I was just going to talk to Carl. She took the hint and left us alone in the room, bouncing Judith in her arms.

Sighing did I sit myself down on the leather couch next to Carl and raise my brows.

"What did you do?"

Huffing did Carl turn so he was facing me and avoid eye contact as he answered.

"I tried to kill Negan. I ended up killing some of his men. But that was it." He shrugged.

"Carl-"

"I know it was stupid. You don't have to tell me of I get it."

"I wasn't going to tell you of for doing that. Hell I would have done the same thing. I'm gonna tell you of for not inviting me with you! How come you get all the fun?" I chuckled.

Nudging his arm playfully did he shake his head as a small smile stretched on his plump lips.

"I just wanted to help. Everyone's been really down lately, I've hardly seen you and I thought if I killed Negan things would go back to the way they were."

Sighing did I just wrap my arms around the boy and pull him close as I rubbed his back up and down. He returned the gesture and rested his chin on my shoulder

"I'm sorry I've been distant bud. I've just had a lot on my mind."

"Like the baby?"

Pulling away did I furrow my brows and flick his sheriff hat.

"How did you know?"

"Rosita told me. She said to keep an eye on you."

"News travels fast huh?" I chuckled.

"So there is gonna be a Dixon number 3?" He smirked.

"Alright yeah there is."

"Well once Negans gone, we'll go to the hilltop. You can have a ultra sound like Maggie did." He smiled. "Do you know how far along you are?"

I shook my head. "Maybe around 4 months? I'm not completely sure."

"Well your gonna be a great mum."

"...yeah."

He must have noticed my long face because he furrowed his brows as he studied my face and then it hit him. He realised what was really wrong with me.

"Your worried." He sighed.

"Huh?"

"Your worried you're gonna have to leave everyone behind because you're worried you're gonna die."

"I-"

"I know you. You remember the day that my mum went into labour and you had to perform an emergency C-section like it was yesterday. You remember her screams, her pain, cutting her open, everyday. There's not a day that goes by where you don't think about it. And I should know. I think about it every time I close my eyes. And you're worried that the same thing is gonna happen to you. You're worried that Daryl is gonna break down like dad did. You're worried you're never gonna watch your child grow up."

Damn. He really could read me like a open book. But it was true. I thought about Lori every damn day. My hunting knife was as good as a constant reminder.

"But you don't have to worry. I won't let that happen."

Smiling softly did i place the palm of my hand on the side of the boys face and nod my head. I was so blessed to have this boy in my life.

*****

Sorry for any spelling mistakes Xx