Fourteen: Grief.

UNEDITED

//Daryl's POV//

"Can anyone here that?"

I jerked my head towards Avery who was scrunching her face at whatever she could hear

"I can' here nothin'." I shrugged.

"How can't you hear that?"

"Hard to here when people are talkin' loudly."

"Everybody shut up!" Rosita yelled.

Thanks.

Everyone immediately shot up at the loud voice and anyone who was asleep was woken up. Great.

"Why did you tell everyone to shut up?" Tara asked furrowing her brows.

"Can Seriosuly no one hear that noise?" Avery snapped walking towards the door.

There was a pause as everyone began hearing the strange sound.

"I hear it." Rosita said following Avery towards the church doors.

"Is it a walker?" Tara asked backing away slightly from the door.

"Only one way to find out." Rick shrugged marching down the isle.

It sounded like someone was crying or something but who would be crying other than...Ophelia!

Shit.

I pushed myself of the floor and stood next to Rick as he raised his hatchet into the air.

"On the count of three..1...2...3."

We both stormed out of the door weapons raised to see...Ophelia sobbing into Griffins chest only...he was dead.

Me and Rick exchanged glances as we lowered our weapons and stood in silence, unsure of what to do.

I felt a lump in my throat and my heart drop. I hated seeing her upset.

I jogged over towards the weeping girl and cleared my throat.

"Ophelia."

Nothing.

"Ophelia."

Nothing.

Sighing I saw she was still holding onto her brothers hand tightly and I moved closer to her.

"Ophelia yer need to let go."

"No I can't, i cant I." She squeaked through sobs.

I then stretched out my arm and opened my hand.

"Let go of yer brother and hold on to me."

She slowly turned her head to look at me, tears falling from her eyes as she eyed my hand.

"Let me help yer baby girl." I smiled softly and held my hand out even further.