Forty seven: Trapped.

//Daryl's POV//

Me and Aaron were both running for our life's when we were being chased by a herd of rotten walkers.

We had been following some guy who seemed to have disappeared under our noses.

It wasn't all bad though. Found some food.

But found some weird ass walkers with Ws carved into their foreheads which was strange.

When I locked eyes on a car I nudged Aaron's shoulder and pointed towards the vehicle that was in the middle of nowhere.

We both jumped into the car without hesitation and slammed the doors shut despite it making the car shake.

We may be safe for now but the walkers were still surrounding us and snarling for a bite of our flesh.

Well shit.

I could only prey Ophelia was alright and that Peter had stayed away from her for I feared I wouldn't make it back.

"Glass will hold for a while right?"

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"Maybe we can make it so they can' see us. In a couple hours, somethin' will come by, they'll follow it ou'. There's got to be somethin' in here we can use to block the view. We can cut up these seats." I suggested.

As I began looking around the car it was like all hope was lost when Aaron found a crooked up note.

Trap. Don't stay.

Fuck.

Shaking my head I let out a chuckle.

"What?" Aaron asked.

"I came ou' here to... not feel all closed up back there. Even now, this still feels more like me... than back in them houses. Tha's pretty messed up, huh?"

"You were trying."

"I had to."

"No, you didn't. Listen, I saw you with your group out there on the road. Then you went off on your own by the barn. Storm hit and you led your people to safety." Aaron sighed before continuing.

" Aaron sighed before continuing

"That was it. I knew I had to bring you people back. You were right. We should have kept looking for that guy in the poncho. I shouldn't have given up. You didn't."

Taking out a cigarette I place it in between my lips as I searched for Ophelia's lighter.

"I'll go. I'll lead them ou'. Yer make a break for the fence."