(CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN)

107 | Gracie.

BILLOWS OF SMOKE SUFFOCATED the compound of which Daryl, Ophelia and Rick had unfortunately found themselves trapped in

BILLOWS OF SMOKE SUFFOCATED the compound of which Daryl, Ophelia and Rick had unfortunately found themselves trapped in. With no other defence than the guns they gripped tightly within their hands, they had each hid themselves in a doorway.

Quickly, they all pulled the trigger of the handguns, a small explosions emitting from where the bullet had been fired. They were met with twice the amount of bullets in return from the saviours who were now attacking them, but they all managed to dodge death.

Ophelia narrowed her eyes, as she aimed at the figures moving throughout the grey smoke. She found it difficult to hit them, they were blurred and on the move, but it was only a few times she missed. She could not afford to waste too many bullets.

As she stood in the doorway behind the one Rick was positioned in, she temporally lowered her metal gun, as she heard her husband raise his raspy voice from across the hallway. "Hey! I'm out."

The woman had cursed her husband within her mind, as she leant her head hack. Then holding her gun in front of her with both her hands, she jogged over towards Daryl, whom for once stood so hopelessly in the doorway with an unloaded gun.

"Don't speak. Don't say anything. This doesn't mean I'm not still pissed at you." Ophelia hissed. She did not even turn to face her husband, instead she took aim at the saviours hunting them down like prey.

The woman could feel Daryl burning holes into the back of her head, as she kept pulling the trigger against her fingertip. Despite this, she did not turn away from her targets, her stubbornness getting the better of her. Like it always had.

She knew that he wondered why she had come to his aid, after what he had said, she did not quite understand it herself either. What she did know, however, was that she loved him and he was her husband. Though he said a cruel, a very cruel thing to her, she loved him.

She had kept shooting her gun at the saviours, she half expected Daryl to yell at her to stop when a bullet had been inches from colliding into her face, but he did not. Rather, he kept a close watch on her, he knew she wanted to do things herself, protect herself, and so he decided he should respect that.

When Rick had found a way out, he shouted for them to come over and so with ophelia's hand within his own, they ran towards their escape.

❦ ❦ ❦

Ophelia held Aaron within her grasp for a long while. With her arms flung around his neck, and his tightly around her torso. Her cheek was squished against his, but he did not mind. They did not move for a while, during which time he had buried his face within the crook of her neck as he weeped.