Ninety nine: Back Home.

I gurgled the freshly boiled water of the stream as I gulped it down, having travelled god knows how's long. The morning air was slightly chilly as I rubbed my hands together, trying to find warmth.

I figured since it was pretty early, I had a while before the saviours arrived at Alexandria and from where I was I mapped out a route in the mud to Alexandria, about 10 more miles and I would be home.

Wanting to get this journey over with did I swing the heavy duffel bag back over my shoulder, the sooner I leave the sooner I get there. And the sooner I could help.

***

My eyes widened, my face lit up, I was nearly home, I was nearly back to Daryl. I released a long breath as I threw the duffel bag onto the ground, the gates were in my sight, the saviours lories were in my line of vision and I cursed under my breath to see I was late.

Obviously I couldn't just run up there and start shooting, I had to be careful how this played out, I was gonna fight, but I had to choose the right time.

Swinging a rifle over my shoulder and hiding the duffel bag behind a swaying tree did I pull myself up silently so that I wouldn't be seen. Once I had pushed myself up onto a fairly low branch so that my feet were dangling did I begin to load the rifle I had stolen whilst keeping my eye on the saviours and Alexandria.

I couldn't see over the gate but I could see Negan standing on the lorry, Eugene beside him in his large black trench coat, a outfit I wasn't used to seeing him in, but thought it suited him none the less.

I cringed at the sight of the junkyard people aiming their guns at my family, Negan claiming that they win. I mentally slapped myself for waking up late, and not killing more of the trashy people.

"You ever hear the one about the stupid little prick named Rick who thought he knew shit but didn't know shit and got everyone that he gave a shit about killed? It's about you."

Negan had such a smug look on his face as he held Lucille over his shoulder, as Janice exclaimed the junkyard had a better deal

Negan had such a smug look on his face as he held Lucille over his shoulder, as Janice exclaimed the junkyard had a better deal. Assholes.

"You push me, and you push me. And you push me, Rick. You just tried to blow us up, right? I mean, I get me, my people. But Eugene? He's one of yours. And after what he did -- He stepped up...You people are animals.
Universe gives you a sign, and you just shove your finger right up its ass." Negan smirked, shoving his finger up in the air as if to mock Rick.

I found a gasp involuntarily escaping my lips, I couldn't imagine the thought of Eugene dying, no matter how much of a coward he was but unfortunately you gotta do what you gotta do to protect your own.

"Dwight, Simon chop chop. So, you don't like Eugene anymore. You guys gotta like Sasha.
I do, too. Got her right here packaged for your convenience, alive and well. Now, I brought her so I wouldn't have to kill all of you, and not killing all of you could get complicated."

My jaw dropped to see a silver coffin being lifted up by Dwight and Simon, whilst I also mentally wondered where Dwight was yesterday because he wasn't with the saviours.

"See I know there's a lot of fire power in there Rick, so I'm gonna make this simple. I want all the guns you've managed to scrape up. Yep I know about those too." Negan smirked. "I want every last grain of lemonade you have left. I want a person of your own choosing for Lucille."

I cringed at the thought of another one of us meeting a terrible fate at the hands of Negan and Lucille. And I cringed as each words of his seemed to echo throughout my head.

"Ooh- Daryl. I gotta get me my Daryl back. I see you."

I couldn't see Daryl through the gate but I felt a sense of comfort to know he was alive and close by, but what Negan said next made me swallow harshly, checking I was still secure on this branch.

"And Ophelia. I gotta get me Ophelia. I know she's close by." He chuckled. "And believe me I will find her."

Tightening my grip of my rifle did I roll my eyes as his requests kept rolling in like he was a damn king.

"And the pool table, and all the pool cues and chalk. And I want it now, or Sasha dies, then all of you...probably. Come on Rick, just because I bought her in a casket doesn't mean she has to leave in it." Exhaling sharply did Negan shake his head, his facial expression turning irritated. "You know what? You suck ass, Rick. You really do. I don't want to have to kill her, but that's exactly what you're gonna make me do."

"Let me see her." Rick demanded. But I couldn't blame him, I knew Sasha was alive last time I saw her but it didn't mean Negan was telling the truth.

"Oh, alright just give me a second. I might have to get her up to speed, she can't hear shit in this thing. Sash, you're not gonna believe this crap-holy goddam!"

I watched with my jaw dropped open like a codfish to see Sasha was a walker. Sasha was dead, dead as a doornail as she unexpectedly tackled Negan to the floor. Talk about going out with a bang.

I felt my heart drop, for I wasn't close with her but only two days ago did I speak with her and penguin with her

I felt my heart drop, for I wasn't close with her but only two days ago did I speak with her and penguin with her. Sasha died a hero, and I would never forget her. Talk about going out with a bang.

Figuring now was a good time to interview did I grab my rifle tightly as I swung my duffel bag over my shoulder and jumped down from the tree with a small thump.

A smug look on my face as the majority of the saviours guns didn't shoot, and a frustrated look on their faces as they looked absolutely gobsmacked.

"They ain't gonna work." I teased, holding up the bag filled with bullets. "Not without these."

*****

Has anyone listened to that song where negans lines are mashed up with 'shape of you' by Ed sheeran? Because when I was writing this it was in my head😂