That's not fair (One-shot)

Start from the beginning

"Ah... I think we could make the pitch here a little higher and this one lower instead," Mafu leaned his body forward until his face was right in front of the screen. He squinted as he found another mistake they did during the mixing process. "And this one too,"

"Alright," Soraru picked up the mouse, and started working on the ones Mafu mentioned.

When they finally touched the audio up with some finishing touches, Soraru stretched his body while putting his hands up in the air. Mafu bobbed his head up and down as a polite gesture, thanking him for his good work. He liked how Soraru would listen to all of his dissatisfaction towards some parts of the song, and does it all over again with him. Then again, it might just be that Soraru wanted to make it a good experience for everyone else too.

But just for now, Mafu wanted to believe that Soraru was doing it for him.

"Great work, Mafumafu," Soraru said. He placed a hand on top of Mafu's head, and then ruffled his hair up into a mess. "You can use my bed if you want to sleep. I don't want you collapsing in the middle of the road when you're on your way home after all,"

Sleeping on Soraru's bed, letting Soraru's scent wrap him as he falls into his deep slumber? Let's just say that he wouldn't even be able to sleep because of the noises his stupid heart would make, and would end up even more tired than he already was.

"It's okay, I'm fine,"Mafu pushed Soraru's hand away, trying to fix his hair. The warmth of Soraru's hand still remained, his touch burned intensely at every second. Mafu closed his eyes so that he could feel it better while listening to the increasing pace of his heartbeat, proof of his love for Soraru.

He didn't hear Soraru say anything for a while, and when he came back to his senses, he felt Soraru threw a blanket at him, and then his presence next to him. Soraru didn't say anything, and Mafu kind of understood what he wanted him to do.

Mafu carefully leaned onto Soraru's shoulder, and rested his head on it, pulling onto the blankets as he did. The blanket smelled like Soraru, even more so when Soraru was sitting beside him. This might actually be worse than sleeping in Soraru's bed but he couldn't bring himself to move because he wanted to feel Soraru's warmth.

It was not as if they were lovers or anything, and to put it simply, they were even lesser than that. Though, there were times where the things they do together seem like what only lovers would do, for example, what was happening to him now. He didn't know how and when it was a thing, but it somehow became one. That Soraru would always offer him his shoulder to lean on to let him take a short nap.

He could have just offered him the couch or something; anything but the bed was fine, which was why Mafu could never understand this gesture of his.

He scooted a little closer to Soraru, just so his body was slightly stuck to Soraru, and closed his eyes.

Mafu wanted to think that Soraru treated him this way because he was special, he was Mafumafu, and because he felt the same. Shifting his head a little bit so he could peek at Soraru, he just stared at his face, trying to burn the side view of Soraru's face into his mind. Like how pretty the line of his jaws are, the tiny little bump over his throat that makes Mafu blush when Soraru picks up his cup to drink his tea as he watched it bob up and down, and how there's a mole on Soraru's neck where Mafu would love to plant a kiss over.

"... What are you doing, Mafumafu?"

Mafu widened his eyes in shock, realizing what he just did. He quickly pushed himself away from Soraru, and covered the blankets entirely over himself, hiding his face from Soraru.

"I-I'm sorry, that was an accident so please forget about it," he stuttered. He could feel himself shaking under the blankets, not because of the cold but because he was afraid that Soraru would start avoiding him after this. He didn't want any of this to happen but he couldn't seem to have controlled himself when he was drowned by Soraru's kindness.