Nishinoya Yū - The Friend

Start from the beginning

You walked over to them, and tried to help them put the net up. You were standing on a chair tying one side of the next with Hinata while Kageyama did the other. Even with the chair, you had to stand on your tippy-toes to reach the hook at the top of the net.

You stood at the edge of the seat, which wasn't that great of an idea, but you knew you wouldn't be able to reach it any other way. Hinata was holding the seat, so you didn't worry that you would fall.

The door bust opened. "HINATA! KAGEYAMA! Are you putting up the net!?"

The sudden sound made you lose your balance and fall off the chair. You dropped the net, and fell on your back.

"Oww..." you groaned.

Hinata let go of the chair and ran to you. "(N/N)! Are you okay?" he asked as he help you up.

"I'm fine, really. It's not like I haven't done that before," you joked and cringed.

The two boys that had burst through the door ran up to you and bowed. "I'm sorry! We didn't mean to make a pretty girl fall!!" They said together, almost as if they had said it a hundred of times.

You looked up at them. One of the boys was in a black Karasuno Volleyball Jacket; he didn't have much hair, but he did have it. The other boy was wearing a white t-shirt and was shorter than the other one. He had spiky black hair with a tuft of blond in the front.

"I'll take you to the infirmary!" Hinata said, wrapping an arm around you to help you walk.

"I'm fine, Shoyo," you told him again.

Hinata shook his head like a three-year-old. "I'm taking you to the infirmary. Your parents would murder me if I didn't."

You knew that they would kill Hinata if something happened to you on his watched. It sometimes felt like they trusted Hinata more than they trusted you. "Fine, but I still want to watch you practise," you grumbled.

Hinata nodded his head, and dragged you out of the gym.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

"Kageyama?" Nishinoya asked. When you and Hinata left to the infirmary, Kageyama finished putting up the net. He was bouncing the ball on the ground with a hard smack, getting ready to serve.

"What?"

"Was that (L/N), (F/N) from your and Hinata's class?" Nishinoya asked eagerly. He was standing on the other side of the net, ready to receive Kageyama's serve.  

"Yeah."

"Are they dating?"

"What?" Kageyama was about to tell him, but Hinata and you came back into the gym.

Hinata was giving you a piggyback, he turned around and placed you gently on the bench. He rested his hands on your shoulders.

"Don't move until practise is over. I'll walk back with you, okay, (N/N)-chan?" Hinata said.

You nodded, and turned, so you were lying down on the bench. You winced as you did it, but lying down was better than sit right now. The nurse said that you were fine, but you still felt sore.

"(N/N)! That's not not moving!!! Don't injure your—"

Kageyama smacked Hinata on the head and told him to get back to practise.

By now, everyone had already arrived. They didn't question you because you were here sometimes. Normally, you would help Kiyoko, but Hinata told them what happened, so you watched the practice sideways from the bench.