Chapter 99 | Fifteen Minutes of Fame

"Dad?" Colleen called out with a little toothpaste in her mouth. She heard Brandon's footsteps coming up the stairs and down the hallway so she walked towards her doorway to stand in it.

"Yeah?" He asked, scuffing a towel through his hair to dry it after he showered and got dressed.

"Can you take me driving today?" She asked with a smile on her face, which had a little bit of minty foam in it, and her toothbrush in hand. "I need to get my permit hours."

"Oh," Em stuck her head out of her cracked open door with large blue curlers wrapped in her long brown hair. "Me too. Please."

"Mom said she had errands to run today. Please," Colleen continued to plead her case to persuade Brandon their direction.

"That's fine. I was going to work on some music today, but we can go driving," he sighed, but always happy to help his daughters. He turned around and headed back to their bedroom just as Callie was coming out stating she had to go to the Fost and Found headquarters, then run those errands.

"Hey, mom," Em stepped out of her room and to the steel banisters to catch Callie before going to work. "It's a Saturday. Why do you have to go to the office?"

"The VP is usually in charge of scheduling," she briefly stopped on the stairs to fill her family in on the conflicts. "But she's on vacation, so her assistant was supposed to do it, but he overbooked the week and if I don't fix it things will not go smoothly."

"Okay," she flashed a faux smile.

"Mom, did you know it's our half birthday?" Colleen wondered with glimmers in her eyes.

"No, I didn't."

"I put it on the calendar," she seemed disappointed. It was so like Colleen. She had a bit of a pretentious flare. Plus she used the family calendar that's hanging on the refrigerator like it was her saving grace. She even organized it by color coding notes. Each family member had a color, the family as a whole had a whole other color, and birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries had separate colors as well.

"I'm sorry, Colleen. I must've forgotten. Happy half birthday girls. I'll be home later," she told as she finished the last two steps and went for the door to the garage. Hearing the closing of the door reminded Em of something.

"Dad?" Em began from the balcony again, knowing Brandon had only just walked in all the way of their bedroom. "Can we take the mustang?" Within the past few months, he had gotten this years new mustang, which made the total number of cars for the Foster household three. The only thing flooding through the house was Brandon's laughter. He was sure he got the message across.

Ten minutes after Callie had left, she was running back into the house because she forgot her phone, as well as the kiss to Brandon they always give each other before the other one leaves. It was good too, him and the girls were just about to leave for a driving lesson.

The driving lessons went better than Brandon thought they would go, but Colleen's prediction was accurate. Colleen was more of a realist, as she called it. She liked to factor in past events, statistics, and common sense to make her decisions. Em, however, was an optimist. She was definitely laid back, but not with things that included her hair, clothes, or accessories. That was one thing that had to be near perfect or she couldn't leave the house.

Brandon thought that he would be dead by the end of the day. This wasn't their first time behind a wheel, but that didn't make them experienced. Colleen believed she would be a great, cautious driver, which she was. She was so cautious she went precisely the speed limit at all times. Em was a little more strong-footed with the gas pedal. Colleen believed Em would be a horrible driver, which was her opinion. They were both capable to drive from point A to point B without running someone over.