Chapter 45 | vedaja

Brandon was walking home from school around 4:30 pm on a Tuesday, about two weeks after AJ and Mike came for a visit. He decided he would run to the grocery store to cook something for dinner. He reached in his pocket and grabbed his cell phone, dialing Callie's number. It rang several times before it went to voicemail. Brandon was gonna ask her what she felt like eating, but since there was no answer, he would have to wing it.

Brandon decided to get ingredients for two different meals, tacos and chicken parmesan. If she didn't want one of those, she would have to settle for a grilled cheese sandwich.

The apartment keys rattled in his hand as he jiggled them into the key hole. Brandon opened the door and saw Callie sprawled on the couch, asleep and lightly snoring. He thought it was odd because she wasn't one to take naps.

"Callie?" He spoke softly, walking towards the counter and placing the few bags of groceries on it.

"Huh?" She yawned, shaking her head to get the tired out of her body. She sat up slowly.

"You okay?" He started unpacking the bags, filing the contents into its rightful place in the kitchen.

"Yeah, I was just...so tired all of a sudden." Callie yawned again before walking towards Brandon to help.

"What do you feel like for dinner..." He began.

They settled on tacos for the night. Callie helped Brandon cook in the kitchen. They danced around a little, had fun, smacked some booties...the atmosphere was light and cheerful.

Brandon and Callie sat at the counter and enjoyed their deliciously prepared beef and chicken tacos. The layered lettuce, cheese, salsa, beans, sour cream, and even a little guacamole on top of the meat in the taco shell before chowing down.

After dinner, they went for a walk around the block. They liked to get out and enjoy the autumn weather. The leaves were crunchy on the ground and the air was crisp. There were bright hues of red and orange all around. The seasons changed in San Diego, but nothing like it did in New York.

"Do you feel sick?" Callie asked as they walked through the door to their apartment, placing her hand over her stomach.

"Uh," Brandon scrunched his nose and set down his wallet on the counter. "Yeah, actually I do, a little bit."

"Maybe we didn't cook that chicken long enough," she said between soft moans of discomfort.

"I wouldn't be surprised. We were a little distracted, making out with each other and all like we're in middle-school." He laughed.

Callie let out a quiet chuckle. "I think I'm just gonna go to sleep."

"Uh, okay," Brandon spoke hesitantly after looking at the clock with the time 7:30 pm on it.

Callie tiredly flopped into bed, without doing her usual bed time routine. She ripped off her jeans and tucked herself into the covers. She set her alarm for the next morning, earlier than usual, she needed to run an errand before her first class. Callie was asleep no more than five minutes later.

Brandon spent the next few hours fumbling with the keys and notes. He had to lower the volume of the keyboard because he didn't want to wake her up. She seemed especially fatigued today. For the camp he was in at Juilliard, he had to compose a piece of music for the final. Even though the 'camp' lasted several months, there are teachers there that help the students win. The teachers wanted their students to get a head start.

It was about one in the morning when Brandon finally went to sleep. He had to admit that it was a little later than he wanted, since he had to be up at seven. When he walked into their bedroom, he saw his beautiful Callie sound asleep. She looked so peaceful and cute, well everything she did Brandon thought was cute. He worships the ground she walks on.

Brandon gently rolled into bed, careful not to wake is sleeping wife. He was lying on his side, looking at her body move to the beat of her breath. He wondered what she was dreaming about. In the midst of his thoughts, Brandon closed his eyes and fell right to sleep.

_______________

A/N-  I know this chapter is very very short, but it's a filler. But the day is here! Cierra Ramirez's EP is now on pre-sale (on iTunes and CierraRamirezOfficial.com, plus a teaser of all the songs on Spotify)! Along with some BooThang merch (on CierraRamirezOfficial.com)! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Thank you so much for reading! Brandon and Callie will receive some ambivalent news next chapter! XOXO